Sundown Audio

RCA's to 4ch and mono

DubNDodge

What is the proper way to run RCA's to a 4-channel amp and mono? Do you need to run 6 channels worth RCA's back from the HU? Or do 4-channel amps use signal from 1 set(ch1/2) for signal to the other set(ch3/4)?

If the 4-ch needs both signal inputs then can these be used if only running 4 channels back from the HU? I have never owned a 4-ch amp so I don't know how that works.

KARSS1F2M-tn.JPG

I understand two of these would need to be used if that is the proper way to do it.

Never really seen much info on this really other than stacking multiple mono amps, but then you just use the output signal from one amp to another.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

you can use 2 sets of rcas coming off the back of the headunit, as long as you dont mind losing front to rear fading capabilities through the headunit.

just use Y splitters for the 4 channel, it'll be fine. just make sure you dont accidentally switch L and R

Thanks. Was just looking for some confirmation in that. I wouldn't have any rear speakers anyways.

I hate creating threads just for such simple questions, so here is another question.

If running a 3000w amp at 4 ohm, (1k @ 4 ohm) will it draw the full 300A off electrical or only 100A? I would assume it is only 100A but I didn't know how that worked exactly...

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Archived