Second Skin Audio

Build idea with limited space in the back of the hatch?

velvetsmack

well with displacement and final probably around 6 to 6 and a half cubes. and its going in the back of my 2012 kia rio hatchback. the depth is fixed at a maximum of about 20 inches. maybe give another inch or so. as for width aswell fixed at around 35 inches. the height i can ajust to whatever i need, as its a hatchback, so i figured around 22 inches for the height. it can be alot higher though. giving me roughly around 6.7ish cubes or around there (with 20x22x35), just plugged it into a random calc. as for the budget i want to say i dont have one as i am giving my self a year or so until i start this next set up, but i dont want to go top of the line either. id use it for daily use aswell.

and i was told i wouldnt be able to get 2 15s in that ammount of space i have, or an 18. i would love to get an 18 back there but i don thtink i have the space, same with the 2 15s. but idk i could always make the box higher but it would be shaped weird, having the height alot taller than the depth. idk let me know what you guys think!

I fit an 18 in the back of my car it is a 2000 hyundai accent hatchback... then again people do complain they get a stiff back from the box. I deleted half the seat to extend to a depth of 30 inches. I can fit two 15s. People told me an 18 wouldnt fit... Look what happened. People tell me I can't do a wall either... Seriously thinking about it lol!

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

yeah true but i dont really want to mess with the back seats at all. im stuck paying this car off for the next 5 years and im 18, and will probably trade it in to get another car at that time :P im just trying to get the most out of the space i have in this car.

You dimensions are pretty close to mine. i have 34" wide X 18"tall (seat line) and 20 to 22" deep. two 12's will fit easy with plenty of port area and still get tuning in the 30's. But it don't leave much room for equipment and batteries.

edit.

sorry, meant to say i think you have plenty of room for an 18. Since your height 20 you could do sub up port back. Because 20" height only gives you 18.5 for the internal height. That would be pretty tight.

yeah true but i dont really want to mess with the back seats at all. im stuck paying this car off for the next 5 years and im 18, and will probably trade it in to get another car at that time :P im just trying to get the most out of the space i have in this car.

I had a 5 cu ft box for my BTL 18 when I first bought the sub the guy had aero ports on it but one broke off and I had no idea what it was tuned to but it was still damn loud. A proper box with proper port area/tuning is the best first step. You could probably fit two 15s easier with those dims. An 18 requires depth as strangeduck was saying and if you could run an 18 you would be more then happy lol... I always wanted to run two 15s in my car but have decided to run two 18s for my next upgrade but that doesnt matter. What equipment are you thinking of running? Go where you find a good deal, this hobby is damn expensive and if you are gonna go the cheap route buy that shit new. If you wanna go quality stuff find it used for a good price which is easy to do in the for sale section. And I mean that by saying I bought my btl n2 18 for $300 with a shitty box, bought a sundown saz 2000 for $320 shipped, just to give you some ideas about the prices.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Archived