?? Components or coaxial

waxmyjmy

I am in the beginning stages planning my audio setup for my new body style regular cab silverado.

Front tweet 1  with 1 inch depth

Front door 6.5 with 4 inch depth

Rear 4x6 with 2.5 depth

With that info I have many question and along the way will probably have more. My first thought was to run two set of components front and rear with either all tweeters in b pillars ( I think that's correct term of pillar near front window ) or one set there and one set in rear near rear speaker. Or should i just do components up front and simple coaxials in rear. I would like to stay around 150-175 per set i liked my old infinit ref. components in my blazer so possibly would run kappas. Any suggestions on speakers better for the money is awesome. I'm really not sure on the best route for my application and any knowledgeable guidance would be awesome. I plan to run 2 tens or one in a ported box haven't gotten that far I have 2 setting in my garage wanting to be used. Thanks for any help

Components in the front coaxial in the back. The sound stage up front will benefit more from the separate midbass and tweeter. Sound coming from the rear wont have the separation to justify the more difficult instalation and cost associated with a component set in the rear.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Ok I haven't even thought about that route. I would then just unhook those factory wires. Is that my best bet any thoughts on this. They are right behind my head thus the reason I did t want a tweeter there smashing my eardrum from 6 inches away. Is there any pros or cons to think on for this setup I want it to get loud would it do this adequately with just the set upfront. Thanks for the input

As you can see I had a very good set of components that because were going on my rear deck I chose to intall coaxial.

IMG_9582.jpg

IMG_9646.jpg

Again, I'm not saying you can't run rear components, just saying in my experience it's generally not the best idea.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

~ Juice

Leave them connected and use the fader. Some people find that they need a little bit of rear fill in their system to complete the over all fill. Fade all the way forward. If you can handle no rear fill then no rear speakers works for you. Otherwise gradually fade some rear fill in till you find a balance that doesn't have the rears blowing out your ears.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

~ Juice

Ok so what are the thoughts on front stage brand wise around the price range of kappa's like i said i like the ref series i had in my blazer about 8 years ago before they kicked the bucket. Also I agree with a little filler in the rear so that it's not just subs I'm hearing. My guess is I should get aftermarket for a clearer sound but I can run a cheaper set as anything is better than what I'm running now. What should I run I have a jvc 4 channel amp it's a little older but I had planed to by one for my truck so both rides are good to go

Archived