Sundown Audio

Setting gain with no equipment

94jettameowpsst

I have the pioneer avh4300 DVD if that helps but as far as mids and highs I have a 4.400 soundstream and @ 36/40 volume it doesn't sound as if it distorts at all with the gain set half way up in the front and rear channels.

How the hell do you hear distortion with bass when it's so fn loud haha? I mean I'll be using a saz4500 and 2 mayhem 18s so I'll set it a little under half I guess.

My gfs dad is an electrician but I'm not sure if he'd know how to set gains w an oscope as he's the one that has one, so for the sake of idiocy on my part, how do you do it with a scope?

Also (sorry for the barrage of questions) but on my HU the source level adjuster, does anyone adjust that or the sub setting goes from like -30 to +10 or something, any input on what that gets set to?

I have the saz running a kicker l715 @4ohms atm with the gain up under half way and it actually sounds very good, I'm just not tryin to fry anything >.<

150.1 @ 38hz142.3 @ 20hz (windows down)Only 2 batteries

I have the pioneer avh4300 DVD if that helps but as far as mids and highs I have a 4.400 soundstream and @ 36/40 volume it doesn't sound as if it distorts at all with the gain set half way up in the front and rear channels.

How the hell do you hear distortion with bass when it's so fn loud haha? I mean I'll be using a saz4500 and 2 mayhem 18s so I'll set it a little under half I guess.

My gfs dad is an electrician but I'm not sure if he'd know how to set gains w an oscope as he's the one that has one, so for the sake of idiocy on my part, how do you do it with a scope?

Also (sorry for the barrage of questions) but on my HU the source level adjuster, does anyone adjust that or the sub setting goes from like -30 to +10 or something, any input on what that gets set to?

I have the saz running a kicker l715 @4ohms atm with the gain up under half way and it actually sounds very good, I'm just not tryin to fry anything >.<

Mayhems can take an insane amount of power, even distorted power. For ur saz4500 I'd keep ur bass boost 0 and ur bass EQ on ur HU at 0 or whatever flat is.

Then then the saz4500 to just over 1/2.

I run pioneer 4300, saz 3500 on zv3 12's at that setting clean on dd-1

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Archived