HELP... I'm confused

jhmeg2

I'm runnin 1" MTX tweets and MB Quart 6.5" midrange in the a-pillars, and MB Quart 6.5" midbass in the doors. I have the tweets on front 1 and the midrange on front 2 of the PXA-H701. I had to run the midbass off of the center channel. I'm thinking of removing the a-pillars and puting 3.5" coax in the dash off of front 1 and run the midbass of front two. I'm thinking it will help with the midbass and the accuracy. I don't think it is as good as it could be with the midbass as it is. What should I do?

HELP

450fbcf4-a1bd-422a-9772-765cb64d2a1f.jpg

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Looks to me like your A-pillar 6.5 is not getting no nears enough airspace to make any midbass at all ...

Nothing but a center channel should be running off of your center channel ... This alone could screw alot of things up, mainly left and right separation ...

and possible creating cancellation issues (time alignment) ...

Also, since the a-pillar 6.5 and tweeter is SOOO close to each other ...

You should be running them passive instead of active (meaning your driver time alignment may be throwing you off) ...

Those drivers should be running midrange an upper midbass frequiencies anyways, your door drivers should be taking care of those lower midbass frequiencies ...

I need to see more pics and get more details of your system to be giving much more suggestions please ...

Please keep in mind that this is only my suggestions from what I've seen in the Sound Quality competiton world ...

hope this helps out some ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

a-pillars are NOT midbass, a-pillars are midRANGE. midbass in the door are getting input from center ch of 701. and why should I run them passive? active allows me to set crossover points as I want not pasive. If they were pasive it would have no effect on time. but anyhow, thanks for the input. just trying to figure out if I should a 3.5 coax in the dash or leave the pillars. also I want to redo the midbass so they are not run off the center channel

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

I'm thinking it will help with the midbass and the accuracy. I don't think it is as good as it could be with the midbass as it is. What should I do?

a-pillars are NOT midbass, a-pillars are midRANGE. midbass in the door are getting input from center ch of 701.

My apologies Sir ...

Like I said, if you are asking about better midbass, adding better airspace to your a-pillar 6.5s would help.

Also, You should not be using the center channel for nothing but a center channel on you dash ... This could be creating cancellation and time alignment issues throwing everything off ...

I have a similar setup with a 5.25" midrange and tweeter on my dash / A-pillar area with a 6.5" midbass driver in each door ...

My biggest guess is that the center channel port that you are using on left and right drivers is making your 4 6.5" drivers work against each other, no matter what purpose they are there to serve ...

again, I am only giving suggestions trying to help and knowing more about your setup / vehicle would help ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

its a trailblazer. I've had the 1" and 6.5" in the kicks and a silk tweet in the dash. I then went with the pillars.I like it but, thinking about a 3.5" coax in the dash of of front 1 (701) and midbass still in the door off of front 2 (701) maybe add a center (off of center 701). I'm thinking maybe getting them out front a bit more and still being able to time align them, this would also run the crossover points passive, but still active overall. I'm not worried about midbass, other than seperating it left and right corectly so it can be time aligned.

OiRYFHf.png

A Trailblazer huh ... Would you like my suggestion on what I would do to a Trailbalzer ??

other than sell it.... or get rid of it. yes

LOL no ...

1st. Get rid of the center channel idea until last and only used if needed ...

2nd. Leave your A-pillars alone (mainly because the look cool as all get out !!!) and put them on a 2 channel amp and run them passive cutting the low end around 100 htz. ...

3.rd Go to a junk yard and find you the BOSE setup (adapters) for your doors and install 8" midbass drivers in "factory" locations (this will blow people's minds) ...

and run them on a separate 2 channel amp and cut your bottom end around 40 to 70 htz and leave the top end alone and use your EQ to balance things out ...

4th. Time align from there ...

I have pics of our Team Linear / Blues Trailblazer for a reference if you are interested ...

Please remember, for midbass ... Left and right separation is priority number one !!!

if I run the pillars passive, I can't set the crossover points, I don't need 8" midbass..... never mind, thanks for your input, but I don't think you understand the questions... as far as amps, I didn't ask about amplification.... I have a 5 ch and a 4 ch.

CDA6B4CB-orig.jpg2F227653-orig.jpg

OiRYFHf.png

Archived