Second Skin Audio

4in coil motor ?

kalilac619

ok heres the deal i currently have 2 AA mayhem motors that are gonna be reconed using some Ti baskets i had laying around but a local guy has a bunch of 4in motor sets he is willing to trade for my mayhem motors plus a little cash but i know NOTHING about 4in coil motors.The motors he has are 2 TSNS motors,2 RE destroyer motors, 2 Tc 5200,and 2 Tc 5400 motors.would there be an advantage over the mayhem motors besides larger coils?i know mayhem's are 3in coils but have the cooling in them and have never gotten them stinky, amp is DD Z1a,dont really care about metering just want something for demos that i can pound on all day and sounds good at the same time...p.s box is 7.4 cuft net with the mayhems tuned @ 30hz thanks in advance..

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

For 6k I would keep the upgraded mayhems.

Or if ur planning on upgrading amps then I would swap to 4" coils 8-10 layer coils . 4-5k to each !

Overall any chose is beast mode !!

If the motors are coming from who I think they are coming from then I'm excited to see the motors being built !!!

For 6k I would keep the upgraded mayhems.

Or if ur planning on upgrading amps then I would swap to 4" coils 8-10 layer coils . 4-5k to each !

Overall any chose is beast mode !!

If the motors are coming from who I think they are coming from then I'm excited to see the motors being built !!!

thats what i was thinking also, but would be nice to have headroom for if i upgrade in the future with more power which i probably will since its never loud enough..LOL

and yes its EXACTLY who you think it is Lol

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

Archived