Second Skin Audio

What is the technical term or name of this particular designed enclosure?

K.C.

In case you thought I was joking, here is the design. LOL

01_zps578fc2e0.png

needless to say after a bit of back and forth arguing I was able to get a redesign without being charged for another design because he could not comprehend that there is no way the enclosure would fit without taking a sawzall to my body panels and having the box stick out on both sides of the vehicle.

The redesign was ok, didnt fix the back pressure issue DD claimed was my problem for massive coil rock. I came down to the issue being DD using 2 different sized spiders 9.25 inch spider on 1 woofer, and a 8.25inch spider on the other woofer, with 1 woofer using the 8.25inch spiders had 8spiders, while the 9.25inch spiders used 6spiders....

The box was very musical, just a hair over 150db. After a few box changes, larger port, firing woofers up, and lots of testing I was able to get the simple bassreflex design to a 153.8db legal, with the box peaking 7 hz lower than the initial redesign.

Id have to say the guy knows a bit of stuff, but he isnt the best designer, nor is he the worst. Id have to say Id trust his designs more then some of these "box designers" that dont even have a system of their own, let alone are of driving age, or have any actual real world experience. Some of his rant videos are fun to watch from time to time. I got no beef with him, simply tried what I was told to try by my woofer manufacture, didnt like the results and moved on with a new brand of woofers, and many test boxes which lead me to finding out what my vehicle likes and does not like, which is something many will do in this hobby since no one or design is perfect, but I prefer to test and test, trial and error, and find out why 1 thing may work better than the other thing I tried and so forth. But thats just me.

Archived