Second Skin Audio

What is the technical term or name of this particular designed enclosure?

K.C.

What is the technical term or name of this particular designed enclosure? It has one 90 degree baffle which is the side where the subwoofer will be installed on. In the other space/chamber there will be no subwoofer installed in that spot. What is the characteristics and maybe some positives for this type of enclosure?

Enclosure.jpg

almost a series 6th order

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

It's going in the back of a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. It'll be rear facing and laying down with the subwoofer on the drivers side and the port on the passengers side. It'll have an Orion HCCA102 powered by an Orion XTR15001. The MDF is 1".

I heard the term aperiodic coupled bass reflex enclosure before in a home theater forum and that the characteristics is described to be a "really loose sealed enclosure". Figured I would come here and ask.

It's not an aperiodic. I'd say its closest to a 6th order. You've got two tuned chambers, which is characteristic of a 6th. An aperiodic has a membrane, kinda like a passive radiator. In an aperiodic, it's just something to slow the air down, like a mesh of some type.

On a side note, that design hopefully has been thought out very well. You can't just guess on these things if its gonna work or not. I'd be interested to know the tuning of the 2 chambers. It definitely looks interesting.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I'm guessing it's called periodic chambering? It seems like that's what the box looks like when he's talking about the E8 in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr-B7LiHFO0&list=UUtpB66XKjAtFZfZyzmC-_Cg&index=18&feature=plcp

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

So you built it but have no idea how it works or what it's called

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived