Sonic Electronix

whats up every one, i was browsing a few stereo shops looking at prices on some component speakers.

the guy that was working at visions showed me some alpine type-r 2 way components they sounded pretty decent and he also gave me a good price for them as compared to the 380 that they originally were he said 200 flat (is that at all good). i said no for now because i wanna ask every ones opinion on these and also still have to fix my car. i would like to know what amp would work to power these and my rear speakers.

these are the speakers

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/p...p?model=SPR-17S

Well as far as speakers go it depends on how much you want to spend. I buy everything off of eBay and it is all really, really cheap. My Infinity 5x7's sound amazing. And since you say your looking for a 6.5(well, judging by the link) Some Rockford power series would sound really good. They run for about $130ish at Best Buy, Circuit City, etc, you can get a pair off of eBay for around $65 shipped, they are some great little speakers especially for the price.

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

ya i havent looked around on ebay yet i might just have a look see at what i can find, and i dont really wanna spend tons of money but i still want some thing that sounds good enough for now. I was thinking around 200 but preferably less like around the 100-150 would be nice

Well those Rockfords sound really good I think you will be happy with them. Are you going to upgrade all 4 speakers or just one set? Because I am pretty sure you will like them and for 4 it will only run around $130 and that is a lot cheaper then what you were going to spend on those Alpines and that is for 4. But then again I can't say I have heard the Alpines so they may sound better. Here is a link to the RF's RF Power 6.5

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

try the Rockford Fosgate power series comps then i got mine off ebay for about 180 shipped

Team O.B.M

'97 Tahoe

Build after the new year!!!

Kenwood kdc-x794/16gig android tablet

6 sets of Crescendo ccx65s

2 18s

2 Sundown saz 4500s

2 Sundown sax 100.4

1 Mechman SMD spec 360a

4 XS d1400s

My Feed Back

http://www.stevemead...showtopic=44841