Sonic Electronix

Starting new setup. Need Help!!

Hello all, I'm new to the site and looking for a little help. I have a 2009 Toyota Camry with the JBL Sound option (It's sucks!!!) and I am looking to overhaul. I've been into car audio for some time now, not a pro but I know enough.In my past cars I've mostly done heavy bass setups but in this one I want a mixture (SQ always and SPL when needed). My problem is I don't know where to start, I've been doing my homework for a while now and I have an idea of what I want. I definitely want to get rid of my factory radio and replace it with a unit that has good sound processing and I want to run my sound stage active. Now what confuses me is, do I need a crossover in my active setup if I have a decent head unit and how many amps would I need to run (not including a sub amp)? And as far as my rear speakers, do I need them for well balanced stage? HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLEASE!!!

Rockford Doors, Stinger wire, Rockford amps. sundown SA 10's or 12's. cost a little bit but you could never go wrong with that match up! Btw power series Rockford stuff.

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

Do a simple component system in front doors with passive crossover. Like rockford T1652-s. matched with like a punch 400-4, sundown sa 10's or 12's at 34 hz. Matched with a Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdcp or a T1500-1bdcp. Both will give you enough power. Then you could either get 6.5's or 6x9 T1's for the rear deck.

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

That component set sounds really good, I've heard them. They are in my top five, 2 pairs of that set wound be more then enough. I already have subs (2 12" Kicker L5's with a box being built) I'm going to run them with a Rockford T1500. Any advice on a decent headunit?

Only kenwood HU. Iwouldnt buy any other. Anything above $150 from them is good if you want a single din. If you want a double din expect to pay quite a bit of money for a good one. But trust me Kenwood is the best. alpine is 2nd. If only Rockford had headunits

Only kenwood HU. Iwouldnt buy any other. Anything above $150 from them is good if you want a single din. If you want a double din expect to pay quite a bit of money for a good one. But trust me Kenwood is the best. alpine is 2nd. If only Rockford had headunits ����

lol you're so biased that its hilarious.

My kenwood doesnt like cold weather

Anything under 40 degrees and it tweaks out

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Only kenwood HU. Iwouldnt buy any other. Anything above $150 from them is good if you want a single din. If you want a double din expect to pay quite a bit of money for a good one. But trust me Kenwood is the best. alpine is 2nd. If only Rockford had headunits ����

lol you're so biased that its hilarious.

^^What I was thinking hahah

E34 540iT/6

Im sorry im just obsessed with Rockford Fosgate. I love the new Power series stuff. I just like the quality. But opinions ar elike butt holes, everyones got them right?

Im sorry im just obsessed with Rockford Fosgate. I love the new Power series stuff. I just like the quality. But opinions ar elike butt holes, everyones got them right?

its not just that. you blatantly say that kenwood is the best. what a joke. and fyi, rockford did make headunits.

Archived