Sonic Electronix

So I Paid 325 For A Kinetik 1400...

go in there with a multi meter and show him and say get your meter and check it to show you im not joking its a bad battery and then see what he says

I already charged it up since then so I am pretty much fucked, but its always customers word before theirs so I dont know what will happen. I mean its not like it matters that it was sitting at 8.x, it charged right back up. Still bull shit, I do not recommend Buzz-off to any local people interested in car audio, I hear they do nice tint though.

teamsundown-1.jpg

When you test batts It's always in amperage, and even though it would read 8 volts, the amperage would remain the same and it would be considered a good battery. And if it has been installed and is tested good then there is nothing they can do about it. I would just raise a bunch of hell with them to get what you want. It usually works at O'reillys (my job)

Get real....a 12 volt battery sitting at 8 volts will not put out the same amperage as a 12 volt battery sitting at 12 volts.

Also why did you even buy the damn battery if it read 8 volts...let alone a display model. I would have said fuck that give me a new one.

Thats messed up about your batt though those places make the 12 volt industry look bad.. All he has to do if hes a real kinetic dealer is to calll them and let them know about the situation and they should be able to help you out imo...

Good luck on this one ive had an experience like this from a hole in the wall for a harness in an 03 tahoe w/ on-star and Bose that was $80 well it was the wrong one when I went to return it he said it was my fault and he coulnd'nt return it so I argued for a good hour until he gave me the right part charged me $20 more and told me to get the fuck out and never return...never will I go to a warehouse to buy stereo equipment and for some odd reason we have to go by their rules if it was one of there installers and they got the wrong part they would exchange it but since it was a customer the hell with us..

Get real....a 12 volt battery sitting at 8 volts will not put out the same amperage as a 12 volt battery sitting at 12 volts.

Also why did you even buy the damn battery if it read 8 volts...let alone a display model. I would have said fuck that give me a new one.

Because I didn't have the meter on me, it was later the next day when it was tested and we found out it was sitting so low.

teamsundown-1.jpg

You were in fact ripped off, but not on the price. The people saying you over paid obviously dont understand the difference between internet and local business. If you are buying that battery from a local store you are naturally going to pay more because they have overhead, and are likely authorized dealers, where as internet hasno overhead, and are 99.9% not authorized. I am with the people who say you should go back in there and cause a scene, it is really easy to tell someone to go pound sand over the phone, but an irate customer in your face usually gets what they want. Let me know when and I will make a little road trip, and help you raise some hell. Hope this asshole give you a refund, and/or a new battery.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

u wouldnt have found it much cheaper anywhere else local. like 01xtreme said there is a BIG difference between local and online sales. i wont even try to "match" online pricing. with online u get no tech support, usually no warranty and no customer service. it doesnt sound like u r getting much from this shop but most shops will help u out a ton. i know of a few shops over there that have great customer service but ive never heard of this one. at the least he should get u the 2400 and charge u the difference to keep u happy.

I would call kinetik and start bitchin too as last resort.

That was going to be my other suggestion. Even though it's not Kinetik's fault, they can still look bad if an authorized retailer is giving shitty customer service on one of their products, so they could probably do something about it.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Archived