Second Skin Audio

Please help me out guys!!!

BiiiGWaves

I am a newbie at building systems. But I have always been in love with bass, im 18 and have been wheelin and dealin subs and amps since i was 12. But now I have a car and shit just got serious lol. subs and amp here's what I have now, 2 12" kicker,s12c subs and a lanzar vibe 430 amp. Crappy amp and 14 year old subs >.<.. But its been better than nothing. Now I have about a $1000 spending limit, more like $800 but maybe i'll get some help. With that amount I'm hoping to get 2 subs and 1 amp. I want to BUMP, I want people to FEEL me from down the street, something like 2000watts rms. I would like it to sound decent from the low lows on up to the mids, and most importantly be LOUD. So the question is what do you guys suggest? I was thinking an AQ2200D amp along with 2 RE audio Sxx subs, or maybe the AQ HDC312 subs?? What do you guys think? I'm open to any suggestions, yes i'm a newbie but I LOVE big bass and I really do want to learn the ins and outs of car audio. But right now I just want to bump hard and turn some heads. Im not sure if my pic uploaded with this, but i Have a sealed box thats custom to my car, which is a 1996 camaro with the hatchback. So there is not alot of volume in that box, will I be ok? I also have an upgraded battery so Im hoping its got the juice for this. Any help with sub and amp selection, wiring, and just knowledge you wish to pass onsubs and amp is welcome. Thanks guys..

one of my buddies had a AQ2200 and it slammed on 2 DC XL15's, i run a Hifonics HFi 1500D on a DC lv4 18" in a custom 6cu.ft ported box tuned to 36hz and it can be heard from a good ways off and hits 140+ at the headrest and thts in an 88 bronco 2. and really look into a custom ported box, itll do much better then the sealed box

build a really nice box, get a crescendo BC2000 an a DC XL 18" or 15". u just really need to make sure u have the electrical to back up a 2k rms system. a big 3 upgrade should b done, if not done already. use 1/0 wiring from stinger,XS,Audio technix, or knuconceptz. those are some good brands just to name a few. an mayb a HO alt unless your stock alt is big enough.

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

Yes a dc XL 15 would bump hard. get the amp used and save up for a high out put alt.

post your maxim box dimensions. maybe a dc xl 12 if you don't have the room

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." Albert Einstein

only thing is a 2000 watt amp isnt big enough for the DC XL line up anymore, unless you go with m1 series but on my lv4 18, i run a stock 60 amp alt and it only drops on voltage from a 14.7 to a 12.9, but nothing can run without energy loss so no matter how good you can keep ya batts charged youll still lose wattage thru wire and heat. but yeah, before you go slammin 2000 rms into a system, you gotta have your electrical built to back it up. either look into an extra batt. with bigger alt or a bigger batt such as a D3400, or bigger batt and alt. either way cant go wrong. and i personally would buy a lv4 m2 15 or 18, theyre are as good if not better then the XL m1's, and this is just me, get some extra spiders put in if you buy a new sub, they are like $5 a piece, its worth it.

So if I go and get the DC XL 15 plus an AQ2200D that's 800 bucks right there. Then I would have to get a good quality box. A custom ported box which is 200 to 300 bucks if i'm lucky?. The box I have right now can hold 2 12's and its about 38 inches in length and 13 inches in depth(as in front to back)..

So if I go and get the DC XL 15 plus an AQ2200D that's 800 bucks right there. Then I would have to get a good quality box. A custom ported box which is 200 to 300 bucks if i'm lucky?. The box I have right now can hold 2 12's and its about 38 inches in length and 13 inches in depth(as in front to back)..

you can build your own box for less than $50 and get the same results if you go buy one or better. what kind of music do listen to, low bass or high bass?

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." Albert Einstein

Archived