Second Skin Audio

Fourth Order Wall

Bdurb

so if its the center, it would per say be equally as loud on both sides, but not to its full potential as far as numbers?

Frequencies need a certain amount of distance to develop. They are waves, think of sine waves.

At our typical (subsonic) frequencies, a full wavelength develops around 20- 30 feet. Back to the sine wave... There are 2 points when the amplitude of the wave is the greatest. The quarter length and the three quarter wavelength. We want that amplitude of the wavelength to be the greatest right at the meter.

But to confuse you a little more, constructive and destructive interference of the panels flexing in your car can affect your scores negatively, as well as positively. Not to mention the objects in your car.. IE dash, seats, textures, etc... This is why we can't calculate scores before we actually try them. There are too many anomalies.

sig_07.gif

Don't get me wrong.. I've sat in cars that have center ports that are absolutely brutal. Most the time we are taking about minimal differences. With the exception of SPL vehicles.

thats making sense. so essentially, how does port placement in a wall relate to frequency response or does it? I understand the majority of frequency response is determinfed by the design and tuning of the enclosure, but am wondering if port placement is an additional factor.

My old Build Log!

http://www.stevemead...der-in-a-jetta/

Two Obsidian 15s V2

Two Audiopipe Apsm 1500s

Fourth Order Wall

TEAM CLEARLY LOUDER

TEAM OBSIDIAN AUDIO

ok thanks man! i think i am going to do the center port, as this is no where even near my last build. trial and error seems to be the biggest part of gaining knowledge and experience.

My old Build Log!

http://www.stevemead...der-in-a-jetta/

Two Obsidian 15s V2

Two Audiopipe Apsm 1500s

Fourth Order Wall

TEAM CLEARLY LOUDER

TEAM OBSIDIAN AUDIO

Archived