Loud & Low 8th Gen Civic - Time to say good bye to her.

Right on man

*hides back in corner*

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

It`ll be sad to see the civic go, but I'm definitely looking forward to the next build! My Dad has a 07 accord which I'll be buying off of him sooner or later, so I'll be looking for new ideas coming from your upcoming builds.

2000 Chevy Malibu

2 Skar audio vvx 15 v2's

7 cu ft box after displacement tuned at 28hz

AudioQue 2200D

Rockford Fosgate PBR 300x4

Alpine CDE-147BT

2x Pioneer components

Shca 1/0 & 12 gauge speaker wire

1 XS Power S975 up front, and 2 XS power XP 950's in back

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178458-2000-malibu-build-2-skar-vvx-15-v2s-aq-2200d/?p=2634433

So I've got a question guys. I noticed something a week or so ago. Well actually my daughter noticed it. The rear seat was wet. LIke really wet. We've had some pretty hard rains lately. In looking at the seals around the door, it looked like the passenger side most rear corner was off a bit. So I figured with the rain coming down as hard as it has, the maybe that was it.

This week I've been driving my truck because I've been working side jobs after work. But we had a seriously hard rain over the weekend. I went to go somewhere with my girls, and couldn't because the rear seat was literally soaking wet, like when I pushed my hand on it water would come out of it. SO I have a major leak somewhere. Tuesday I came home and it was raining so I decided to take a look and see if I could tell where it's coming from. As soon as I opened the door I could see drips coming off the roof liner. Like a drip every 2-3 seconds. That's a pretty good leak if you think about how long the day is and the rain we've had the last week or so. So doing some more exploring it appears to be my sunroof.

Now, I get it, I'm selling it don't worry about it, but I have to worry about it. The Accord has a sunroof also and I don't want the same issues with it happening. Back to the civic. If I just put the weight of my hand/arm on it, not pushing down really at all, I can create about a quarter of an inch gap in the opening. So obviously it's not sealing all the way up.

Does anyone have any idea or suggestion on how i can prevent this in the accord? BESIDES SEALING IT UP!!!!! I'm not Cody, it ain't gonna happen. So aside of that, does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

I had similar issues with my 4Runner.

Never leaks while sitting, but at full tilt I would suck water into the car.

I had about two full inches of flex, bringing it down and up, breaking the seal at both points.

I solved it by using dynaliner (1/4" - the thick stuff) and making a "wedge" between the wind deflector and the front edge of the glass. This puts pressure against it at all times so it doesn't flex down and break the seal. I need to put some foam tape on the bottom of the wind deflector too so it holds a little stronger.

That being said, it appears to have moved the stress to the rails. Granted I have 215k miles, but it still happened after that.

I rarely use my sunroof, so I may delete it in the summer anyway.

But this may answer your question

Yes I have a lot of stereo weight. I build for Smiles Per Gallon not Miles Per Gallon LOLZ

My build - 1996 4Runner with 2 18s - 149+ in a sealed box (with radiators)

0a4ee87c-28c8-4bf8-9dfe-5a06b9dea2dc_zps

3e3eb9dd-70f8-4424-ad11-ccebcd929ac4_zps

Archived