Loud & Low 8th Gen Civic - Time to say good bye to her.

Had to address the dual 45* corners. They needed countersunk predrills and then to be glued and screwed!

20121123_141402.jpg

20121123_142128.jpg

20121123_141709.jpg

20121123_141813.jpg

20121123_141727.jpg

20121123_142054.jpg

Glued and Screwed! Drippy mess!

20121123_142302.jpg

And cleaned that up a little!

20121123_142353.jpg

So that's really it for now. Remember everything is pretty much only held on by a couple screws. I need to remove the port inner wall and glue and screw it together again. It can stay together permanently. But as I said after trying it, it'll have to be built inside the trunk. I countersunk all the holes so that I could easily get it together but it's looking like I won't even be able to use those holes. I'm thinking at this point that I may have to cut a bunch of 3/4" x 3/4" strips to put on the inside corners. I'll probably round those off to get the square edges off of them, and then use those to glue and screw on from the inside. Then fiberglass over them once it's all together.

So that's about where I'm at now. It's time to go out and see about doing some work! Be back a bit later!

Wow, 2 pages of pictures and nothing. Football must be on!

Well here's a little more. These are the spots I'm looking at in placing the face plate.

Spot one, under the HVAC controls under the dash kit. I'd have to do a pod to put under there but that's no big deal. But it brings my eyes down below the dash line and I think I'd have to actually have to drop my head down to look for it. Don't like that.

20121202_135701.jpg

Then there's this spot, which i'd only have to do a slight pod for but it still pulls my eyes down to search for the face plate. Not sure about this one either.

20121202_135729.jpg

This was my original thought, just above the rear view mirror. Believe it or not, this is easy to look at cause I'm just glancing at the rear view mirror anyway, and this puts it just above that. However, what I don't like about it, is it seems bulky and like it doesn't belong.

20121202_141931.jpg

This is another version of that, where I do a pod in front of the light area. This I'm not fond of cause it's closer to in my face than it appears. Not good.

20121202_135649.jpg

This is my favorite one! I took the light piece out and felt in behind the headliner, and there's nothing under there. So I could move the lights and switches (sunroof and lights) up and then put the faceplate counter sunk into the old light area. This would put it still within eye glance, and very low profile and sleek! I think this is my favorite.

20121202_140114.jpg

It's all going to depend on the ability of how far I can extend the face plate. If I can get 10 - 12 feet out of it, then it'll be a go! If not, then I'll need to go below the dash.

I'll start on that next!

It's all good. I took a piece of 1/4" x 4" poplar and cut it down. Then I took the plexi glass plate, that comes with the trim router I have, off and used it to center the hole for the bits, as well as the holes for the screws. Then I screwed it to the router, did a center line on the wood from the center of the shank. From there you just figure out what bit you're using, and what speaker or sub you're using. Take the cut out diameter of them, split it in half, and that's what you measure from the outside of your bit to the center point of the hole you drill on the panel. Mark it so you have a reference for the future, and router it out. I drop short distances at a time, usually take 3 or 4 passes in a 3/4" piece.

Hope that helps everyone.

I'm working on the tablet molding now, and it's going great!!! Be back with pics later!

It's all good. I took a piece of 1/4" x 4" poplar and cut it down. Then I took the plexi glass plate, that comes with the trim router I have, off and used it to center the hole for the bits, as well as the holes for the screws. Then I screwed it to the router, did a center line on the wood from the center of the shank. From there you just figure out what bit you're using, and what speaker or sub you're using. Take the cut out diameter of them, split it in half, and that's what you measure from the outside of your bit to the center point of the hole you drill on the panel. Mark it so you have a reference for the future, and router it out. I drop short distances at a time, usually take 3 or 4 passes in a 3/4" piece.

Hope that helps everyone.

I'm working on the tablet molding now, and it's going great!!! Be back with pics later!

**bows down** I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!!

Thanks so much man(: will save me the $20+ for a circle jig lol, I appreciate it

Archived