Using a tablet as a headunit, WITHOUT a headunit?

inm

Is yours the Dakota? I was looking at it earlier, I may look into doing that as well.

Do you have your Nexus hooked to power when its in your dash? If not, how's battery life? I'm hoping they release a POGO dock for it soon. If/when they do, I'm gonna rip one apart and put that in the dash, too, to keep it charged.

Yea that's it, it doesn't for now, if I wanna charge it I just slide it in with the USB out and then I can have the cable hooked up. Battery life is good though, I drive 20 mins to and from work 3 times a day at times and I just charge it at night.

If/when the POGO dock comes out, it won't be a problem. But the way I have it all figured out in my mind, I won't have access to USB while its in the dash.

But I guess if I go with the bluetooth thing you use, I could connect ANY bluetooth device anyway, so I won't be without music if the Nexus dies.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Hmm, I'm still juggling ideas here.

I definitely want to do the Bluetooth, and I have an idea how I want to do the actual mount.

However, what are my other options instead of the Clarion EQ?

Is there anything else I can just shove behind the dash and be done with it?

I would love to use that EQ, I just don't seem to have room for it.

2008 Subaru Forester XT

See, This kind of thing is why there needs to be a simple rca adapter, similar to a thumb drive in size. It needs to be bluetooth and have a transmitter end too. Plug the transmitter into your RCA out on the head unit. Plug the receiver into you amp input. And bam no more rca cables.

With my nexus 10 im just planning on Bluetooth to the headunit or aux. Not sure yet but both will work, im hoping a radio comes out that has a hdmi input and i will hook it up that way, then i will get audio and video.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

I'm still lost here, though, lol.

Is there any type of hardware I can buy that will take the RCA input from the BT receiver, but output it to speakers (no amp) and to a sub amp?

I would prefer something I can completely hide inside my dash, but would also like a volume knob that is easily accessible.

Maybe I'm asking too much? lol

2008 Subaru Forester XT

You want something for the volume knob really (and sub level), any processor with RCA in can work from a Bluetooth module and that will give you volume control without having to mess with the touchscreen as it can be distracting and sometimes difficult.

Archived