Using a tablet as a headunit, WITHOUT a headunit?

inm

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I can't find anything.

I've decided I want to tackle a project for my car, and mold a Nexus 7 in my dash. I just don't know exactly how to go about doing it. I would like to not have a headunit, so what other hardware would I need in order to accomplish this? I don't need any other type of inputs, just the tablet.

If possible, I would like to have a knob for volume...

Any help is appreciated. I just really want to try this out. I've been reading up a lot on fiberglass, and have decided that I want to try it out. If it the dash turns out bad, I'll buy a new bezel. :P

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

ok i spent most of today researching this and to get the best quality u gotta unlock the nexus 7 to enable usb audio for full digital audio to then feed that to a processor or the clarion eq

i also plan on doing this with the clarion eq also

"Damned if i do, damned if i don't..."Sold to: RodeoSport, deeppinkdiver, kevosinn, CortezDTV

Bought from: SlamminBeats, Carboardcat15

I was thinking about doing the same thing. I got the idea looking through the 3sixty.3's manual, since the unit is supposed to come on when a signal is present in the aux in without having a remote on wire. I didn't know if anyone had done it before though. You can program one knob from it to be sub control and the other to be master volume, too. It's expensive as hell though.

Edit- Nevermind. I reread the manual. It turns on when it senses a high-input signal. So it still needs a remote turn on. My bad.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

i use a clarion eqs746 and just use the headphone jack to the aux input on the clarion

I think I may end up going this route.

To be clear, I can use this without a headunit, right? I would do aux input, but does the EQ you said have RCA out or what? I'm not sure where to go from there, to get to my amp.

I don't currently have a speaker amp, so I also need regular front/rear speaker outputs, not just RCAs.

edit-

Looked it up, and it looks like it only has RCA outputs. I'll end up getting a speaker amp eventually, but I need something with speaker outputs for now.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Archived