Second Skin Audio

2-18" RE SX in a wall multiple questions I need answered please!

• 2 weeks later...

Have you checked to make absolutely sure both subs are working? Sounds like one sub may be blown or not receiving power. Looks to me like your port is a bit small, but that probably isn't your whole problem. What are the port dimensions? I also have two SX 18s and my box is a net 11.5 cubic feet and my port appears to be bigger than yours. Have you clamped the amp to make certain you are getting full power? Could also be that your D2 subs are wired to 4 ohms instead of 1ohm? Have you checked?

Here's my box, and yes, lots of port air movement....

SubsIn4.jpg

Can I ask what your port dimensions are?

More port area without lengthening the port is just going to tune it higher, The lows will be even worse. Here in the uk alot of the low tuned guys use small port area with great results. Your current port looks bigger than meades port for 4 18s!.

I don' think port area is your problem are you 100% sure about your box tuning? sounds like your box is tuned higher than you think to me, Try temporary blocking half of your port by stuffing some pillows inside it to lower your tuning, purely for testing sake if your lows become stronger you know your current box is tuned too high.

More port area without lengthening the port is just going to tune it higher, The lows will be even worse. Here in the uk alot of the low tuned guys use small port area with great results. Your current port looks bigger than meades port for 4 18s!.

I don' think port area is your problem are you 100% sure about your box tuning? sounds like your box is tuned higher than you think to me, Try temporary blocking half of your port by stuffing some pillows inside it to lower your tuning, purely for testing sake if your lows become stronger you know your current box is tuned too high.

According to multiple port calculators it's at 34. So I think im going to re-wire my subs and try it.. Because I think I accidentally did it in series instead of parallel :/ now that I think of it

Okay these are some of my last questions! For the subs I am using it says their maxium ported box volume should be 8s cubic feet. I currently have 2 in 16.03 cubic feet (after displacements) so should I make the box a little smaller? And still change my port? Or what should I do for my port volume and cubic feet of my box? What is ideal?

Have you checked to make absolutely sure both subs are working? Sounds like one sub may be blown or not receiving power. Looks to me like your port is a bit small, but that probably isn't your whole problem. What are the port dimensions? I also have two SX 18s and my box is a net 11.5 cubic feet and my port appears to be bigger than yours. Have you clamped the amp to make certain you are getting full power? Could also be that your D2 subs are wired to 4 ohms instead of 1ohm? Have you checked?

129.91 sq in, 12.04 sq in per foot, 18.75"x6.875"x14"

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

And it gets low at that tuning and box volume? Do you got any vids?

Yeah, I have several vids. Click on the link below and also see my other videos under the same name. It is tuned to 35hz. Best TL scores in my sig line are on stock battery, stock alt and some crappy skinny CCA 1/0 that is undersized.

Here is my dad getting his Bass cherry popped.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMGhgVBtVao

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

Yeah, I have several vids. Click on the link below and also see my other videos under the same name. It is tuned to 35hz. Best TL scores in my sig line are on stock battery, stock alt and some crappy skinny CCA 1/0 that is undersized.

Here is my dad getting his Bass cherry popped.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMGhgVBtVao

I like it man, beautiful ride!

Archived