Second Skin Audio

2-18" RE SX in a wall multiple questions I need answered please!

Currently I am running 2-18" RE SXD2s off of a soundstream XXX 4000d at 14 volts giving the subs 3300 watts rms at 1 ohm. My wall is 16.47 cu^ ft and the port is tuned at 34 hz and is located at the top of the wall. Now for some of my enclosure questions!

1) I am not getting near the amount of air flow through my port on the lows as I was with my 1-15" 9500! Could my port be located to high? Or is 16.47 cu^ ft too much space for these subs? Because on some chopped and screwed songs I cant get nearly as low as I could with the 9500 but I can tell they have potential because they are punching hard! Just not holding/getting very low!

2)The wall is in a 1999 jeep grand cherokee limited and I didnt take out the back seats, it is in the trunk but still faces the people sitting in the car (obviously). Could I be located at a "dead spot" in my car jeep? Meaning could I be a certain distance away from the sound where it dosent sound good? Or is that just a stupid thought. Lol just thinking of anything I can!

3) what is your preferred tuning for this set up? I want to hit the lows hard, but its not like I wanna listen to chopped and screwed music all the time! I want to be able to hit the normal music bass pretty good to but I want a change when I switch the music for demos.

Any input is appreciated! Thanks for reading and hopefully you guys can help my out. If I get some people interested I will post some pictures of what it looks like!

2012-12-02105010.jpg

2012-12-02105044.jpg

and no i am not done with the foam yet lol i ran out

and port is not finished either, still need to wait to see if i need to make changes!

2012-12-02105054.jpg

Have you checked to make absolutely sure both subs are working? Sounds like one sub may be blown or not receiving power. Looks to me like your port is a bit small, but that probably isn't your whole problem. What are the port dimensions? I also have two SX 18s and my box is a net 11.5 cubic feet and my port appears to be bigger than yours. Have you clamped the amp to make certain you are getting full power? Could also be that your D2 subs are wired to 4 ohms instead of 1ohm? Have you checked?

Here's my box, and yes, lots of port air movement....

SubsIn4.jpg

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

Do search on YouTube on clamping amps, lots of instructional videos there.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

If you aren't completely sealed off it can account for a lack of low end. I also hate port on top. I won't get into the amp. How much port do you have

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

you are way low on port area as I figured it as a 5x36 hxl. that gives you like 11 cubic inches per cube. For that set up id shoot for the 15 per cube mark. So thats a definite factor. Use torres to come up with your box design and see what it gives you. Your tuning could be way off as well. between it not being completely sealed off and the low port area that can cause you to not have th output you think you shoudl.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

you would need to do whatever you could to get your port area to cubic foot ratio right. keep in mind if you do that you just increased your port area and shrunk your overall box volume. the sxs call for a maximum of 8 cubes per so you should be fine in that regard. just have to do the math.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived