computer build

okay, cool. i didnt think it mattered much on the keyboard and mouse. sorry for all the questions, but would you recommend also getting an ssd to use for installing my OS, and making it so it uses the ssd to boot up the computer?

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

No problem, I don't mind answering questions.

That would be a good idea, the SSD will make booting up/loading go a lot quicker.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

i really appreciate it. i'll probably be piecing this build together one or two pieces at a time, so i can probably afford an ssd. what do you think about this one? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233342 also, does the phantom case i chose have room for both a hdd and an ssd?

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

haha, okay, just want to make sure. another question i have is about wifi connectivity. is that built into the motherboard, or do i need another part for that?

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

You can fit 7 drives in the internal bays, so yes there is room. I have the smaller version, the Phantom 410, and there is still plenty of room in it.

Regular harddrives just snap into the plastic drive trays, but SSDs and smaller harddrives (the ones that are supposed to go into laptops) have to be screwed onto the tray. Then all you do is slide the tray into the drive cage and hook up the wires.

A little tip on the drive trays, instead of bending them to get the drive to fit, just pull the silver pins out just a little bit (the tips that go into the holes in th drive should be flush with the grommets) and set the drive in it, then push the pins back in so they go into the screwholes on the sides of the drive. Bending the trays might cause them to break, and honestly I think my method is easier anyway

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

i guess i had a brainfart, and forgot that desktops dont have built in wireless, lol. im watching part 3 of the newegg videos, and he mentioned the ethernet as soon as i pressed post, lol. i was looking at this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320089

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

does the one you posted go inside the case?

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

Archived