Anyone else have trouble relating to their parents when it comes to cars/other things?

My parents say jump and I say how high. Granted I'm 28 with my own homes and income but I come from a very strict, poor, disciplined authoritarian household where we were beat, loved, and raised to respect our parents with an almost reverent manner. Granted as such, I was also trusted and given certain freedoms due to proving myself to my parents. Maybe I'm from a different era.

i can relate to this, reading it took me back to some bad times as i saw it then but now i see why my parents did what they did. i never really had anything of my own growing up and if we were to fight over something it was in the trash or sold instantly. really makes you appreciate what you have.

i have owned all my cars, payed for all the parts and me and my dad do all the work together ( he is a mechanic for well over 40 years ). when it comes to my car my dad is willing to help me with it if he approves of it or not. does come at the cost of hearing him tell me what i could do differently with the money but at the end of the day when its done he will stand back with his bear in his hand with a look of satisfaction on his face. i think one of the biggest reasons my dad helps me with it though is because he gets to spend time with my kids while we work on building a new box or just replacing a part/doing maintenance work. other then those times he works 11 hour shifts working on cars 5 days a week and i work nights so he takes the time where he can

all these young kids just need to realize its not really what you doing with your car they dont like. its what your doing with your car that they don't understand. most parents werent into car audio like we are today. they have a hard time understanding it and try to get you to do things the way they understand it. just explain to them that its not just something you want to do but something that helps you feel accomplished and helps you relax and keep you away from running the streets. they can understand that. just simply explain to them that working on the car helps you cool of when you have a bad day and that it gives you something constructive to do that you can learn from rather then doing something stupid and destructive.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived