Second Skin Audio

need help with a box design

knubs

alright. i have a box i built in sketch up. the box is in a very crued model of my trunk that just kind of shows the space around it. the sub is facing up and the port it facing back toward the trunk lid.

i used the re audio box calculator for this one. the torres calculator is giving me different numbers though.

here is the box info-

12" tall x 34" wide x 26" deep

the port is 10.5" tall x 6" wide x 19.25" long

according to the re calculator it is 35.5hz. should i add and inch to the depth and port to make it 34.3hz to make up for woofer displacement if my target is 35-36hz?

the box comes out to about 3.8 cubic feet. i still dont know what box size does exactly so that make this a little harder. oh and when i was saying 5 cubic feet before that was include port volume. i didnt realize that when people talk about box size that they are only talking about the room the woofer has.

with torres the calculator it came out to be about 38.4 hz for this box though...

with how the box is in the picture there is about 6" of space in front of the port and about 6" above the speaker

box.jpg

i know that, but it still doesnt make sense how the port length is shorter for a longer port.

and i will probably end up doing a 4-4.25 cubic foot box, but i wont have the gain all the way up and will set the low pass and subsonic filters appropriately. will i still have problems after all that?

Archived