Help! Generator - Alternator Conversion

OK so we are working on Alpine's '62. we're gonna upgrade to an alternator. I've gone to different pages and read different things but no clear explanation what I keep and what I get rid of to converto an alternator. I know there is a 3 wire and 1 wire hook up. and weighing the pros and cons the 3 wire is the best way of going. Now..... Where do these 3 wires go to. Obviously one is the battery, one is the ignition and one is the dummy light. What wires do I remove though and which do I splice into. Thanks.

i would say if its a 12v orignal system with the negative ground i would go with the more simple single wire alt, and just bipass the alt light on the dash or remove the alt light so its not on with the wire disconected

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

if you go with a 1 wire Delcotron Altinator it will have a built in voltage regulator... ;)

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

Archived