I Need Help With Fiberglass Products, What Are They And How To Bond It To Plastic

what are all the fiberglass product you have to have to do a project, cause addin on to my console, with switchs and a ipod holder, and i was gonna make the frame for it outta wood and the fiberglass it and then bond it to the stock console, and then add texture spray to it, i just need to know whats everything you need to do this,

uhhh chop mat then work your way toward finer stuff....resin, hardener, filler (like bondo) , kitty hair is also great stuff, lots of sand paper varying from grits 80-500ish depending on your finish, since your doing texture paint its not going to make a big difference if its not sanded perfectly because the texture will hide alot of the blemishes and what not. get a few paint brushes.. umm thats all i can think of at the top of my head but i would definitely check out a marine supply store...

Too Much Stuff to list .

what are all the fiberglass product you have to have to do a project, cause addin on to my console, with switchs and a ipod holder, and i was gonna make the frame for it outta wood and the fiberglass it and then bond it to the stock console, and then add texture spray to it, i just need to know whats everything you need to do this,

mdf wood you just need the rite size 1/2 or 3/4,

fiberglass resin, hardner aka. mekp

bondo, body filler spreaders, chip hair brushes, gloves, aceatone(sp) ca glue or other fast seting glue, fabric , chop hair glass matt, mixing container for resin, alum foil, tape, mold release paste, small drill bit 1/8 should do for the hundereds of holes you need to put into the plastick for the glass to stick.

if its cold outside a warm place to do it all in .... 60 grit sand paper and i also like 220 grit. i think that doest it?......

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Wigglez got all of it.... My only advice is to go to the junkyard and pick up an extra console.. not only for the "just in case you screw up factor", but for everything that I pull out of my truck(s) and rework, I always have a factory part lying around just in case you need to take your car back to factory for some reason.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

alright thanks man, guess i could jack the console outta my sister's altima, maybe not a good idea, could i just practice on like a rubber mate container thing, its plastic i think

You can practice on anything you want if you just want to get the feel for the whole process. Just make sure you get really familiar with Tims section of the forum, because all the questions you are going to have will probaly be answered by browsing through there. If you have any other problems or questions while you're working, feel free to PM me.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

You can get the basics from home depot, or auto part store.. If you have a little time to be patient, check out:

www.uscomposites.com

www.mrfiberglass.com

www.tapplastics.com

Go for the general purpose poly. resin.. These companies all have the mat, resin, hardner, and all supplies you need.