I Need Help With Fiberglass Products, What Are They And How To Bond It To Plastic

alright thanks man, ya be a big help on this, i just have to get better, iam sick as hell, i'll check them sites, i already did a custom switch box for my console, its my avatar, has a FI logo with plexiglass and white led's to light it up, got to finish my system and amp rack, makin a custom plexiglass floor for my back seat, with multi color led's just like the chickens caddy that steve built, the tailgate, except mine is in the floor, operates the same, thanks for all the help pstone11.

alright thanks man, ya be a big help on this, i just have to get better, iam sick as hell, i'll check them sites, i already did a custom switch box for my console, its my avatar, has a FI logo with plexiglass and white led's to light it up, got to finish my system and amp rack, makin a custom plexiglass floor for my back seat, with multi color led's just like the chickens caddy that steve built, the tailgate, except mine is in the floor, operates the same, thanks for all the help pstone11.

That's what we're here for man.

Like I said before, feel free to PM any questions, even if you feel they're dumb.

We all have to learn somewhere.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

for plastics i like CA gluing things together then going over them with fibertech or even a duramix4040, shoot with the 4040 you can glue it with that. If you can bond the plastic panels together without glass the finish will be easier. But for a crazy design with crazy shapes glass is the way to go. there are soo many ways to do it that it a tough question to answer.

I stock: ABS sheet, CA Glue (different viscosities ), Accelerator for the CA glue, Fibertech, Glaze coat filler.

I would love to get into the SEM glues and applicator gun but they are so expensive for as infrequently as i use them. I have a hard time keeping all my materials in good shape. I store in the house to help as much as possible. i bet i have about $100 worth of stuff going bad as i type here.

lord industrial has some nice product we have had some good luck with and its a little cheaper becuse they have smaller quanties

Plastic Adhesives

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

i look up fibertech, but i don't know where to buy it, any help?, and the glaze coat filler, whats that for?,

ok, iam a newbie at the whole fiberglass thing, and sorry about askin so many question about it, i just want to do it the right way, here's what i got so far on the list of stuff, if there's anything missin, please let me know

1.wood

2.Polyester Fleece

3.Latex Gloves

4.epoxy resin with hardener

5.Fiberglass Mat or Fiberglass Cloth or do i need both?

6.Body Filler

7.Mixing Cup

8.Staple

9.Sandpaper

is that it?

you cna get all of it at an automotive paint supply store. fibertech is like kitty hair but it bonds to plastic better and its about 2-3 times the price.

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator