Second Skin Audio

Loudest box design for single cab truck (middle seat removed)

IndianaBassHead

A buddy of mine wants me to build him a new box for his truck. It's an 03 chevy 1500 single cab. The sub is a 12" RE Audio XXX on an RE 5000.1. He had a local audio shop to build him the box it's currently in and it's tuned way too low. I think he said 21hz (lol). I am planning on rebuilding his box at around 2.5 cu ft at 32 hz. What do you guys think would be the loudest setup? It is currently sub up / port up. I've never dealt with a single cab. Thanks!

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

if hes got the room behind the seat... sup up ported to the side... if you're wanting something of a "center console" type box id do sub up and ported to the side maybe

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

well that came off wrong lol if center console have the sub in the middle and an aero firing towards the b-pillar...if behind the seat put the sub going up behind the seat ported same way.. make sense? lol

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

well that came off wrong lol if center console have the sub in the middle and an aero firing towards the b-pillar...if behind the seat put the sub going up behind the seat ported same way.. make sense? lol

Makes sense lol. But no way a XXX is going to fit behind the seat with the mounting depth it requires. The box will need to act as a center console. Do you guys think a t-line, standard ported box, or a 4th order would be loudest?

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

i would just do standard ported IMO.. aero ports work wonders in single cabs so keep that in mind...2 4" should work well for that sub

"

I would do a 4th order, but make the front of the sub face a piece of plexi, so you could see it, wwith the port firing up towards the top, but would have the port towards the rear. Ill show you what i mean,1 sec lol

Now obviously, this is a super rough design, but it shows my point, have the blue area be plexi,and port firing up towards the roof

asdasdasd.png

It would look nicer if it was T shapped like have some of the box run behind the seats as well gives him more room to mess with

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

Archived