FamilyB4Others 2005 Acura TSX build - JL Audio, Focal, knukonceptz, Eclipse, kinetik, Optima -VIDEO update

Very Nice setup Bro, if you want to change the HU you have come to a road block because of the wiring set up. The only way you can really bypass this is take out the HU, and take all the wiring that plugs into it add extra wire lengths so you can shove it under the dash some where.

You have to hide it some where connected so it wont interfere with the rest of the computer jargon. Funny set up I know.

But that's the only way I think it can be replaced, just hide it and you don't need to touch it.

other than that I reckon it would sound better if the box was turned around facing backwards. But nice and clean.

Props up to you Bro. :wacky:

SOUNDSTREAM Logo. (I love it!)
"BUILD UNDER CONSTRUCTION"
'SMD INSPIRED'

Vehicle: 1994 FORD FALCON FUTURA

Head unit: Soundstream VR-931NB 9.3" Touchscreen
Soundstream SPLX-152-HX 1250W RMS

Soundstream DTR1.3400 @ 0.5 ohm
Soundstream DTR1.900 Mono Amp (8"sub)
Soundstream R3.8 500W RMS 2-Ohm-(Rear Shelf)
2x Soundstream DTR4.500 Amp-(Front and Rear doors.)
2xSoundstream RF-60C " 2-WAY Reference (Front and Rear Doors)
Soundstream DTR4.680 Amp (4"Front Door speakers & 6x9's- Rear shelf.)
Soundstream Tarantulas 6x9's 150W - (Rear Shelf)

Soundstream Tarantulas 4 inch 85W -(Front Doors)
Dynamat Equipped- Doors and from back seat to back of boot

Soundstream TWS.3 -tweeters on Front dash.

FatMat -roof aligned
Knukonceptz RCA's

Knukonceptz & Stinger distribution blocks

KnuKonceptz Kolossus Flex 1/0 Gauge Blue-Power

2x runs of 1/0 Gauge from front to rear.
KnuKonceptz Kolossus Flex 1/0 Gauge Black-Ground

KnuKonceptz Karma Twisted Pair 8 Gauge Speaker Cable-Subs
KnuKonceptz Karma Twisted Pair 12 Gauge Speaker Cable- 6x9's/6.5's
KnuKonceptz Karma Twisted Pair 16 Gauge Speaker Cable-4"& Tweeters

SMD VM-1
Soundstream 600amp SCELL

will be upgrading 2x bigger Batteries

Big 3 Up.

2x Excessive Amperage 300amp alternators.

system looks real nice bro and great choice on the equipment! Love that port...a little bigger then i would try for those subs but if its working for you, that is great! how does it sound? I know it looks awesome!good luck on SOTM this month too!
Thank you. I think your right about the port being a little big. The subs sound great but they do start to bottom out? On average 23 vol. I have a feeling they can be push harder if either I change the port to a 6" or make the port longer on the 8". This could be one of many reasons, *hint* you being right. Thanks again Steve for the info and well wishes. Also notice you put my build log on facebook, thats pretty cool man. :good:
very, very nice work dude, mad props and it's clean as well....
Thank you
Couple things:First where in Norcal are you? That video looked like it was in the undeveloped area of Natomas. But maybe not.
Central Valley area
Second, and maybe I'm mistaken, but by cutting out that pass through with only a hole like that, isn't that making it essentially a 6th order? Especially with the box sitting that far back. I cut mine out too though, but I cut the whole arm rest area out, not just a little of it. I have an 06 Civic, not the TSX but they're close to the same vehicle, basically anyway.
I'm not to sure on this maybe one of the experts on this site can chime in. I cut a hole just to let air travel into the cabin area better plus so you can see the amp/led/port.
Nice job, everything looks real clean. Also, if you wanted to get the other amp in there, you could always baffle it up at the top and let it hang upside down. Then both amps would be in that same compartment. Just a suggestion.
Thank you. I'm going see if theres room and try this.
Also, I'll look at the prints I have and mail them to you.I will say, removing the stock HU will be a pain. Trust me. It runs 2/3's the car. It's also a big reason I stopped where I did. But, if your willing, it would e pretty trick man. I'll let ya know tonight. Best of luck in SOTM. This month is freaking sick, with the prizes and such.Talk soon.Kb
Sounds like it would be easier to buy a different car and start over lol. Thanks for the well wishes.
that system is screaming for a touchscreen headunit!!!!!! even though the one u have is nice,,, you should have mounted the tweeters close to the midrange, and now its time to install some cdt audio midbasses in the door :)
I really want a touchscreen! But looks like it might be easier to buy a different vehicle than trying rewire the stock headunit with the AC control board. when I have time and more money I'm going put them in the pillars. Going have to look in to the cdt audio midbasses, never heard of them. Thanks for the ideas.
Very Nice setup Bro, if you want to change the HU you have come to a road block because of the wiring set up. The only way you can really bypass this is take out the HU, and take all the wiring that plugs into it add extra wire lengths so you can shove it under the dash some where.You have to hide it some where connected so it wont interfere with the rest of the computer jargon. Funny set up I know.But that's the only way I think it can be replaced, just hide it and you don't need to touch it.other than that I reckon it would sound better if the box was turned around facing backwards. But nice and clean.Props up to you Bro. :wacky:
Thanks for all the info. Looks like this is the only way to add a double din or but a new car...

no worries,..

im not saying at to give up...

but,... just like Meade in his ISF, removing the head unit, is NOT as simple these days........... You adding a seperate HU is cool. I chose not to. But, to buy another ride to build what i want.....

Anyway, ill send you ALL the info i have on the electrical.... if you want...

kb

Rear deck lid/cover time. This one was really fun...not. Wasn't going let this stop me. Where there's a will there's a way.

I had to break the tabs on the rear brake light to get it off/out. I believe Acura put the light in first than installed the rear window/back glass at their factory. Circled in red where I broke the tabs to get it out

Untitled.jpg

2012-12-24_20-32-10_641.jpg

Deck lid/cover off

2012-12-24_20-34-12_628.jpg

Side pillar/airbag cover off

2012-12-24_20-34-20_824.jpg

Outside view of bare deck

2012-12-24_20-45-04_639.jpg

Side rear seat cushions and etc all off in order to get this stupid deck/lid cover off

2012-12-24_20-33-52_956.jpg

Deadener time

2012-12-24_21-30-57_545.jpg

2012-12-24_21-30-36_435.jpg

2012-12-24_21-30-44_625.jpg

2012-12-24_21-31-08_914.jpg

2012-12-25_00-17-30_7.jpg

2012-12-25_00-16-30_825.jpg

2012-12-25_00-17-30_7.jpg

2012-12-25_00-16-20_361.jpg

Done!

Nice work... very nice man....

I found all the literature that i have.........

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

There is 12 pages,... (i didnt want to flood your thread)

Pm me if you into it,.. and ill get your addy, and they are yours bro....

Again, nice work,.. watch those air bags !!!.......

k

• 3 years later...

Archived