Second Skin Audio

15" orion not working.

corey7733

i have 2 15" orion hcca comps and 1 wont work no noise at all. tried it to 2 different amps. the other one works great on both amps.

i think their from 2001. some pretty rare subs.

they both worked a couple months ago when i took them out of my truck. some one robbed my amps and head unit. couldnt afford to buy new ones.

theres no damage on the sub.

help is appreciated

Easy way to test a sub is to take a 9volt battery if you dont have a multi meter and touch the leads it should move about a eighth of an inch or so if it doesnt then check the leads going into the sub or you have a bad voic coil, either way no fun to fix

If hes tailgating let him pass, pull up behind him and rattle his mirrors off....

381801_10150444492619577_514913638_n.jpg

556084_10150902982464577_1723708369_n.jpg

the box says "dbf" imprinted in the carpet on the sides and the orion symbol in the front. this is when i firtst bought the truck. subs were dusty. had been sitting for a while. i moved the amps to the front of the box and rewired it. the guy that had the truck prior to me made a mess.

amp on the right was a 900 watt 4 chan orion for the highs. the one on the left is a 3000 watt kole for the subs. which was a cheapy. 2 stinger caps, 2 batteries, all focal components upfront (doors and dash)

had a 7" panasonic touch screen.

then i got robbed , they toook my amps, cds, ipod, and the 7". almost ttok my subs but they were too heavy.

cant afford a new any thing with school and life and bud luck with vehicles.

Archived