SA8 for Computer?

low level converter?

?

run the speaker wire from exsisting sub to it and plug it into amp to run to sa8 it wont have to convert signal but will work sory i may be tottally wrong

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

Yup. I understand the price on them, it is not like I am saying they are overpriced. It just sucks because if you run 4 of them, and then want more you need what another 4 of them? It just gets super expensive real fast to add more or add more power etc. 4-6 on like 2500 watts WOULD be super sweet though haha! I LOVE the new DC8's coming out.

| Pioneer | DC Audio | Crescendo | XS Power | SHCA & Knu | CDT | DC Power |

okay so I have a logitech computer 2.1 system. The way mine is built is that it has a small plate amp and some preamp stuff on the sub box. So if yours is like mine, you could just swap subs. But, the little amp wont power the sub very well. And I think you want it to be in its own custom box right? A home audio plate amp would be easier than a car amp. With a car amp, you need a power supply capable of delivering enough current at 12v that the car amp needs (100a supply for 1000w amp etc). It gets expensive, runs the risk of introducing noise, and is a lot of wires and square things stacked on each other, ya know what I mean? Now, if you go with a home audio plate amp, from like Parts Express or a BASH plate amp, you dont have to deal with 110vac to 12vdc conversion.

Now, to get your logitech system to control your new SA8 sub with a home plate amp, you can simply tap into the signal wires going from your controller (mine is on one of the speakers and goes into the logitech plate amp). Or if you have a separate logitech preamp, then you'd know how to hook the sub RCAs up to it. The signal of the bass would turn on the plate amp, the preamp would control volume etc.

Not sure how your logitech is built, so I'm going from my logitech build. Hope some of this helps and doesnt confuse.

I figured I would put an update.

Its been done now since Thursday i just have been busy and forgot to do an update.

This little thing slams! I have the power switch and bass knob next to my logitech controller. It works great.

IMAG0696_zps6ebd9a83.jpg

DSCF7660_zpsc5b3de66.jpg

DSCF7686_zps1bce3607.jpg

DSCF7683_zpse67d026e.jpg

DSCF7682_zps269816f2.jpg

DSCF7675_zpsee8df0af.jpg

DSCF7674_zps60663393.jpg

DSCF7692_zps4da7a771.jpg

DSCF7693_zps2fcbe332.jpg

DSCF7698_zps33d8016b.jpg

| Pioneer | DC Audio | Crescendo | XS Power | SHCA & Knu | CDT | DC Power |

Archived