Sonic Electronix

My friend has just bought a cheap sony sub black 1300w, with a cadence 1000w mono amp. not sure of the model names though. We hooked it all up except we kinda stuffed up the head unit part. We couldnt find the remote cable for the headunit but there was 2 blue wires so we hooked it onto one of them and then the head units buttons didnt work but the remote control still worked. Also the bass coming from the sub doesnt seem very powerfull. I heard this sub in another car and it sounded heaps better. What could be the causes of hardly any bass? The amp had to be turned all the way up to get some bass aswell.

My friend has just bought a cheap sony sub black 1300w, with a cadence 1000w mono amp. not sure of the model names though. We hooked it all up except we kinda stuffed up the head unit part. We couldnt find the remote cable for the headunit but there was 2 blue wires so we hooked it onto one of them and then the head units buttons didnt work but the remote control still worked. Also the bass coming from the sub doesnt seem very powerfull. I heard this sub in another car and it sounded heaps better. What could be the causes of hardly any bass? The amp had to be turned all the way up to get some bass aswell.

you impedance load could be a factor or the outputs you have the RCAs plugged in on the back of the radio.

maybe check the low settings on the heasd unit if it has themor the subsonic and low pass filters on the amp.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

His head unit seems sorta old. Can only adjust bas treble fade and volume. its a panasonic mp3 cd player. We tried the RCA leads in every combination we could and it seems the only way to get some bass is to put the amp to full settings. But that would mean about 500 watts is goin to the sub when it only needs 380rms. amp's lpf is set to about 100. db gain at 12+ and inputs at full. not sure whats wrong with it. Also the head units buttons dont work but it all works using the remote control

Archived