Second Skin Audio

Sub box help

K-Swift

I have two alpine type R subs and I need some help on designing a new box for them. I will be putting them in a small suv so I was wondering which way I should face the subs and ports also. I need some suggestions on tuning and everything also so any advice is appreciated very much. I am looking at getting a new amp to run them too so thats up in the air for now.

Commented on your amp thread.

You can go any of these two ways. Port facing towards trunk with subs up. or both port and subs facing back. Both great choices.

Those type r need 2 cubes each net, 33-35hz tuning, and 12-14 inches of port per. Ive dealt with these and kickers a lot so this will hit.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

12s im guessing?

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Commented on your amp thread.

You can go any of these two ways. Port facing towards trunk with subs up. or both port and subs facing back. Both great choices.

Those type r need 2 cubes each net, 33-35hz tuning, and 12-14 inches of port per. Ive dealt with these and kickers a lot so this will hit.

Anyway you could show me a design of the subs up and port back?

Archived