Jump to content

Need help!! Headlights, taillight, and dash lights flickering constantly???


Recommended Posts

Posted

Just noticed on my way to work the headlights and dash light were just randomly flickering. Also did it ( even more noticeable ) while shifting it from drive to park, actually whoever you used the shifter at all, used the power window, turned foglights on etc. . The battery voltage when running kinda bounces from 14-15 volts and 13-14 when at a stop.

I'm just about to install an aftermarket radio and amplifier so the last thing I want is electrical issues. Has anyone heard of this issue before?? Thanks

Car is a 2006 Grand Prix gt. s/c series 3

Posted

Look at the simple things first, check battery connection if it is loose, good contact or corrosion , positive and negative, also ground terminal.

Posted

Will do. Gonna check the grounds as soon as I can. I did notice tho the entire engine bay including the negative terminal is spotless but the positive terminal has a huge chunk of corrosion on it

Posted

Will do. Gonna check the grounds as soon as I can. I did notice tho the entire engine bay including the negative terminal is spotless but the positive terminal has a huge chunk of corrosion on it

Remove, clean, reinstall and check.

Posted

Will do. Gonna check the grounds as soon as I can. I did notice tho the entire engine bay including the negative terminal is spotless but the positive terminal has a huge chunk of corrosion on it

Remove, clean, reinstall and check.

Just mix baking soda and water correct?

Will and grease work? Like a lithium grease.

Posted

Will do. Gonna check the grounds as soon as I can. I did notice tho the entire engine bay including the negative terminal is spotless but the positive terminal has a huge chunk of corrosion on it

Remove, clean, reinstall and check.

Just mix baking soda and water correct?

Will and grease work? Like a lithium grease.

Yes, also, vaseline can work too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7805 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...