CPU/GPU running very hot on BF3

my guess is the over clocking software . try turning it off as i bet it only nets you a couple fps anyways

Already did, still throttles down. It's the Speedstep built in to the GPU.

POTATO!

I've found that 99% of the time the thermal paste from the factory sucks. I replace it on everything I buy. In fact, when I got my 470, I immediatly took it apart and replaced all of those stupid foam heat transfer pads with ceriamique.

If done correctly, you could see up to a 20 degree drop in temps. Just take your time and be gentle taking it apart.

I've found that 99% of the time the thermal paste from the factory sucks. I replace it on everything I buy. In fact, when I got my 470, I immediatly took it apart and replaced all of those stupid foam heat transfer pads with ceriamique.

If done correctly, you could see up to a 20 degree drop in temps. Just take your time and be gentle taking it apart.

He already did this.

And I do not recommend disabling speedster or anything, if it hits 100c with being throttled, I'm willing to bed it would just blue screen if you disabled it, or fry.

Cooling pad, or play by an a/c vent

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

He already did this.

And I do not recommend disabling speedster or anything, if it hits 100c with being throttled, I'm willing to bed it would just blue screen if you disabled it, or fry.

Cooling pad, or play by an a/c vent

I don't know what would be the easiest method. I'm still befuddled at the fact that a 2.2GHz quad core processor is ALWAYS running at 2.8/3.0, no matter what is going on...

POTATO!

u could at least take the panel off and see if theres a dust build up

Already did that when I replaced the thermal paste...Guess I'm just going to have to deal with a CPU that runs faster than it's supposed to, can't change it, and decides it wants to throttle down to 800mhz in the middle of a gunfight...

POTATO!

Archived