Second Skin Audio

would love enclosure opinions!

revoracing247

hey guys! i have 2 Apline type e 10's and well i was having my lil bro use them but he just got a ranger (extended cab) and so now i want to build my own enclosure for them. they were in a pre fab sealed enclosure and well i want to try something fun. the only thing is that it kind of has to stay behind the passenger seat. i think the dim of that are about 13"X15"X24" or so :P sorry it's not super specific.

i just wanted your guys opinions on different things to try. i was thinking either an iso braic bandpass (6th or 4th) or would i maybe get more output from like a dual ported enclosure.

anyways open to anything, let me know what you guys think

edit: im gonna be running them pretty much at rated rms (250X2) and if it's iso then gonna run them probably both at 300 or so unless you think that's bad.

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

you talkin bout making a box in your bro's ext cab ranger? And the dimensions for each side of the hump are 13x15x24? I think this is wat your asking...

A ported box of 16.5"x12.5"x15.5" with port tuned to 38Hz is what Alpine recommends for these subs, although I believe its got a Qts of .66, which is relatively high, so you could get away with sealed. I think you'll like ported better tho, better curve for in-cab bass than the "too" gentle rolloff from a sealed.

You "could" go bandpass, but its much less efficient, and because the woofer is completely enclosed, you tend not to hear it distort when overdriving it, and burns up easier. Plus with such small room back there, you wont really have enough space to build a compound, isobarik, bandpass. At least I dont think so.

yeah i've ran the sealed in the my ranger and it was ok. and yeah i guess i was just asking if it'd be better to have the more cone area of the ported or if the 6th order iso would give more output. or if someone thought something else was better.

if i was doing and bandpass i wouldn't be sending it a distorting signal at all for sure. though when doing an isobarik set up, do you send both of them only the power that would be ideal for one of them or can you send them the recommended power for both? bassically if they're both 250rms then in an isobarik setup should i send them 250rms or should i send them 500?

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

oh also wanted to ask, does the high Qts mean the soft parts are soft? or does it mean they're stiff?

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Archived