Door Speaker Size

tryin to find out what size speakers are in my truck, its a 04 f-150 with the audiophile sound system, aparently it has the speakers on the doors like normal, and some tweeters up front along with a sub in the back....i think there 5/7, 6/8 in the doors front and rear but im not sure...and does any1 kno where i can get a bracket thing to put components there instead of the 5.7-6.8 if thats what they are?

thanks

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

6x8 front and back. i cant rememeber where you can order these brackets off line. when i find the site in my favorite's list i will pm you. but you could always hit up e-bay.

ok awesome, thanks a ton....any1 kno how some rockford components would sound in there with the stock sub (upgrading l8r) but just for now ill put those in...and i can never deside which sounds better, rockford components or kicker, ive been lookin at the components steve used in his honda, or the kicker ks series..AHH so many decisions

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

ok awesome, thanks a ton....any1 kno how some rockford components would sound in there with the stock sub (upgrading l8r) but just for now ill put those in...and i can never deside which sounds better, rockford components or kicker, ive been lookin at the components steve used in his honda, or the kicker ks series..AHH so many decisions

bump

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

i like the kickers a little better to me they are more responsive

ok i was looking at those more...found the mounting plates, but they come in a alpine kit, and i cant find them anywhere else :mad:

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

i sent apm too. not exactly what you are looking for but you might like this

http://www.caraudiodeals.com/kicker-ds6802...802-p-1224.html

i saw those ones already, but i was trying to find something that is a exact template of the speaker, but instead of the full size, it is like the 5 1/4 on the bottom and the tweeter on top, all in the same size bracket of the original speaker, cause i then wanted to put an additional tweeter on the top where they put the "extra" so i have 2 tweets in the front door, 1 extra, and 1 component set, and in the back door have just a component set

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

you could use these and wire in a second tweeters in the out put of the crossover for the tweeter. pretty much instead of only using the one tweeter that would be on each door just add a second one to the tweeter output of the crossover

----reference's----

meade916

you could use these and wire in a second tweeters in the out put of the crossover for the tweeter. pretty much instead of only using the one tweeter that would be on each door just add a second one to the tweeter output of the crossover

ill just do it simple, any1 know of any 6x8, 5x7 speakers either 2 way preferably 3 way that handle a good amount of bass?

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg