Jump to content

I have a few questions about my first system...


Recommended Posts

Posted

I wasn't even gonna tackle the wiring setup. Low power setup would allow him the use of 8 gauge but not a lot of power. I obviously agree 4 gauge needs used, but 8 would get him playing until he could upgrade.

OP, what kind of vehicle is this going into? A Cadillac Deville? Sedan yes? The eldorado was the only 2 door from that year I think b

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

I wasn't even gonna tackle the wiring setup. Low power setup would allow him the use of 8 gauge but not a lot of power. I obviously agree 4 gauge needs used, but 8 would get him playing until he could upgrade.

OP, what kind of vehicle is this going into? A Cadillac Deville? Sedan yes? The eldorado was the only 2 door from that year I think b

94 Cadillac Sedan Deville, HUGE trunk space. I plan on under powering them just to keep it safe.

The manual says at 1.6 cubic feet in a vented box its frequency response would be 38 Hz, or at 2 cubic feet its frequency response would be 35 Hz. I bought a box at 1.50cf airspace per sub - tuned at 40Hz. Once I put the subs in it will take more space therefore making the frequency response higher. Could I just put the subs in facing downwards, giving them exactly 1.5cf each?

Posted

It's called inverted, and yes, if you want to hear the plastic magnet cover rattle all the time.

Seriously, junk equipment, get rid of it.

/thread

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2681 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...