Turbo S Beetle SQ Build Quick progress video

My car is an 03 Turbo S Beetle. Car has the Monsoon system in it which i thought was pretty decent :/ i feel sad to say that. Well one of the door speakers decided to sound like a flat tire and the radios buttons decided they do not all want to work. So i started researching and stalking these forums for advice and to see what i wanted to put in my car. So after all this time this is what i finally decided and have purchased so far.

What I got today

DSX-S310BTX Radio

T2652-S(On Order) Components

T142 Pillar speakers

T600-4 Amp

PBR300x4 Amp

Here is a bundle shot of what i got today

20uea34.jpg

T2652-S for my components. No pics of these sadly they are on order will have them next week.

NO PIC YET =/

T600-4 to power the set of T2652-S.

nffrrb.jpg

Birth Sheet of the T600-4

zmmwxd.jpg

PBR300x4 This amp will be powering the T142 and rear fill if i decide to throw some speakers back there.

r072hf.jpg

PBR300x4 on top of the T600-4 just to show the size difference of the 2 amps.

16jlswj.jpg

Radio I went with this because of the Bluetooth for my Pandora and the 3 4v preouts and the good price i got it at.

2czy343.jpg

lastly the T142

2mrthmr.jpg

This is the start to my front stage. I am going to be be removing the stock tweeters from the a pillar and fiber glassing them to fit the the new tweeters and the t142's. The PBR300x4 will power the T142's. The mids will be going in the doors in the stock location. Depending on fitting I might have to modify the door but that's alright with me. I am going to run the components active on the T600-4. More then likely going to get a 3sixty.3 we will see on this but i really want to. I will be doing the big 3 and sound deadening the doors with second skin. I have to many ideas but I will keep this updated as soon as i get more stuff. I was planning on picking up some mdf this weekend. But do to my components on order I am going to wait.

So that is my front stage and my subs i am still debating on. I will not know the final on that till I get this part done. But I am throwing the idea of fiberglassing the rear and throwing in two Sundown SD-2 8" with a t800-4. Probably sealed but that is down the road. Need to get the front stage done first. I'm not rushing myself with this either because I want this to be a clean install.

Thanks for checking out my post and hopefully i keep you guys entertained. If you got any tips I am all ears.

Oh yeah and I live in socal i might be needing to use a dd-1 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.gif

great start so far! good equipment and hopefully a good build.

2000 Dodge Durango

Subs - (2) SKAR VVX 15 D2's

Box - 7.2 ft^3 @ 33hz, 120 in of port

Sub amp - Digital Designs M2 @ .5 ohm

Mids + Highs - PRV Audio

Mids + Highs amp - Hifonics 2000.4

Headunit - Alpine CDE-100

Equalizer - Clarion EQS746

Batteries - Mopar group 27 + (2) C&D 52ah

Wiring - 1/0 BIG 3, (2) runs 1/0

Alternator - Singer 250A

147.79 dB @ 35hz - burp - sealed on dash

147.47 dB @ 35hz - music - sealed on dash

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/321slapinBass/videos

SKAR_468x60.jpgDD-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well my partner called in on me today so had no work. I'm a EMT on a IFT ambulance. So i got my radio installed today since I am still waiting on on my T2 comps to come in. Been waiting for those to get here so i can see where they need to be placed for my fiber glassing to start on my a pillars. So here is a little update on what I actually got done.

Radio out. Didn't have the tool so had to drive to my radio shop for them to remove it.

140lmb4.jpg

Wire Harness before

33xzm2g.jpg

Wire harness after solder and heat shrink

ixzclf.jpg

So after i got everything hooked up and running the radio would not slide back into the slot all the way. =/ I had to remove the whole center console.

3328dn8.jpg

This is what was in my way. The support bracket behind the radio.

2qkt7vd.jpg

It was easily removed. Was not supporting much anyways.

233dw9.jpg

While i had this apart i decided to change the light bulb in the ac switches that stopped working. little bulb cost me 5 bucks.

m79y05.jpg

16j51qb.jpg

After that got it all put back together and this was the outcome. Only bad thing about the whole install is the knob wouldn't work with the face plate. So i had to make a temporary notch. I am going to trim it and fiberglass the face plate to give it a cleaner look when i do the pillars. But over all the sound from the stock unit to this one is very noticeable.

Radio in

o5vubc.jpg

Radio open

dha0wp.jpg

shot with the gauges in it

fx5qh3.jpg

And last but not least a night shot

117gprc.jpg

Also got these in the mail the other day. little volt meters cost me five bucks total.

3308xvs.jpg

24qvl2g.jpg

Thanks for checking out my thread. Hopefully i get to post more stuff sooner then later. Need my components to get here.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update on my build progress. Tore out the seats in my back and a rear panel to mock up an idea i came up with. This idea is still in stages. But i ordered me some 80mm fans quietest ones i could find and cost about 2.80 a piece. Got a new face plate for around the radio to get rid of the notch i had to make and just received my b stock of second skin today!

Some fiber glassing stuff i picked up last week

ak72hy.jpg

got fans? I am also going to make thermostats for these that will cost me bout 3 bucks each. post those when i get the parts in. 80mm fans.

2uh7lw0.jpg

New trim plates that comes with 3 different options.

2yv1doo.jpg

Here is what I am working on currently and figuring out how i want this done. I am going to mount the amps behind these panels with lexan windows. one on each side of the car. Each side will have 3-4 fans there will be two seperate thermostats to control the temperature inside the panels. I was holding up the t600 to see if it would even fit and it will. I am currently looking at a t1500 for the other side. Waiting to see about the DC m3 8's. If there not out soon enough im going with 2 or 3 sa 8's. Well here are some pics of what I was doing.

This is under the panel

262mys3.jpg

Propped the amp up to see if it would fit

296fbc7.jpg

hold the amp over the panel to get an idea of where is will be.

2rzuv46.jpg

This is where I am at right now gonna be really slow for the next two weeks. Just purchased an engagement ring for the girlfriend. Hoping to get some actually installing going on to make this thread more exciting. Thanks for checking it out. I have more planned for this build I am just keeping that under wraps till that time comes.

Oh yeah SECOND SKIN

nffseb.jpg

and some beer we picked up from my favorite brewery

taihwh.jpg

last but not least I grabbed a picture of my bug since i had not posted a picture of it yet.

8zfn8g.jpg

Thanks again for checking this out. Hope it gets a lot more interesting sooner then later.

• 2 weeks later...

Well got my T2652-S in FINALLY! Got a little work done today after running around. Deadened the rear panels. Took a few pictures all I can say is HOLY CRAP it made a huge difference. Here are some pics of current progress.

This is what my rear panels look like stock.

34p1jbb.jpg

I wanted to deaden everything and the large piece of foam was in my way so i drilled out the rivets to remove the speaker mount.

20f83tt.jpg

Here is the size of the foam it went pretty deep.

29pyvqd.jpg

Here is it with everything removed

33mu3w6.jpg

i wanted to fill some areas with expandable foam. This shit is messy and even though i know im not gonna see it once its put back together. I taped up the area before using the foam so it would not get where i did not want it. Tomorrow I am gonna remove the tape and trim the excess with a razor.

2qveg41.jpg

Here is a picture of everything with second skin and the foam done. I also picked up poly fill to put in some areas i didn't want to foam. I also know that they recommend 25% coverage but meh i just went all in with it. i like the way it came out. Oh and once again the sound difference is amazing. I recorded it but the hone mic does not do it justice.

fcqij5.jpg

Oh yeah had a helper today was nice. My buddy Eric always willing to help out gotta love good friends.

23usf88.jpg

So that is my progress for today. Going to poly fill the voids tomorrow and trim the foam before the big game. Oh yeah and my sub stage idea has changed. I am going single sealed with a 12. It's looking like it will fit my needs better. Design is set to use a SSA Xcon 12 and will be pushing it with a T1500.1. Thanks for checking out my build can't wait to get more done and share my progress.

Looks good man :good:

Keep a few extra of those ac/control bulbs around they tend to go out often. Also if you put the knob on "2" it should pull out with a little force to change the bulb easier.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

• 4 months later...

Holy crap life got busy on me. Been working 50+ hours a week non stop and remodeling the house on the weekends. I have picked up some stuff since my absence and lack of work on my car. So today was around 105 and i think its still around the 80's right now. But i said FU heat and actually got some stuff done to the bug after i got home from work. I just got done working on it now finally got a back seat again. I deadened the roof and under the back seat tonight. Finish poly filling the gaps in the rear side panels and foamed a couple more holes. Since the seat is back in now I am going to figure out the dimension and mock up the trunk/ hatch. Snapped a couple pictures. I sure am glad to get this ball rolling again.

My work space tonight

27wzswy.jpg

It was hot had a fan to try and keep me from sweating less

2h3csw6.jpg

Got the rear panels finished up

5wvz9k.jpg

Got my rear seats back finally

2j0ny43.jpg

and a new dash mat

2vtxljo.jpg

so happy to finally get some progress done and here are a couple pics i snapped real quick to show you what i picked up not to long ago =D its the good stuff

A T1500.1bdcp

9pndav.jpg

AND A!!

wjthye.jpg

360.3!!!!!!!!

Well thanks for checking this out hopefully i get this updated a little sooner then later next time. Just need to get wiring and still missing the sub.

pics came out kinda crappy =/

Archived