Second Skin Audio

Ported box for RF p3 10"

JustinWillmon

Hey guys me and my buddy are working on his car. He has one p3 10" sub that were going to use. We've never designed a box before so were looking for some help. We definitely want it to be ported to somewhere around 32-36 hz. Mac height we have to work with is around 11 inches or so and about 34-36 inches wide and it can be fairly deep ill have to measure for sure. Can anyone help me on the best way to figure this out or help me with a box. I would really appreciate all the help I can get.

Here is a suggestion port/sub frontwards/backwards for a trunk car, for use on around rated power:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 34 Hz

Vb = 1.2 ft^3

External Height = 11 in

External Width = 22 in

External Depth = 15 in

Port Width = 1 3/4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 1/2 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Front & Back (3 parts) = 22 x 11

Left & Right Sides = 13 1/2 x 10

Top & Bottom = 22 x 13 1/2

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 11 3/4 x 10

Extension = 14 5/8 x 10

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

PBSB.jpg

- The port needs 1 3/4" of free airspace in front of it for proper operation.

- Setting your amp's subsonic filter to 28Hz is suggested.

Thanks so much for the help i really appreciate it. My only question is the sides are an inch and a half shorter than the front and back. How do i fill that gap when i put the top on?

I got the wood tonight so i should have it built tomorrow. I also got 1/2" wood, will this box still be okay? i saw where your dimensions are using 3/4" wood.

I found the RE box calculator and put in the dimensions, and for some reason it's saying tuning on that is 25 hz? Maybe I'm doing something wrong I'm not really sure but I just to be positive in what I'm doing before I start cutting wood.

Ok Fixed the above to 0.5" wood, since the wood is somewhat thin the updated box uses a double baffle, BTW the 10" are 400W RMS, will take 500W but engage your subsonic filter (the P500-1BDdoes have one). RE calc does not account for driver displacement and has a known bug on port displacement calculation.. also it does not support double baffle boxes, if you want to check the specs above use Torres calculator instead using port length of 29 5/8", 3 common walls, driver displacement of 0.07 cubic feet, wood thickness set all to 0.5" wood.

On the question on how the parts assemble look closely at the pic, the parts should be assembled as shown for the cutsheet to be valid.

Okay tha ha again a whole lot. I started cutting wood this morning. My only question is about the top. With the sides being an inch shorter then the front and back won't there be a one inch gap on the sides, or am I just not looking at it right or something. But thanks again a whole lot.

Archived