01 Impala, 18" Audio Technix Sub

I wish someone would throw some real power (not saying you're not) at one of these. I'd like to see how it handled about 1.5k on a single sub. It's rated at 400 rms like the rest of the line, but has a 3" coil, it also claims 28mm of xmax, not sure if that's one way or not, but i really want to see one of these take a beating.

But all in all you've got a good build going, keep it up!

I know, I'd like to see someone else do it too... but I will give the sub all the 1200 can put out in due time, I'm gonna let the suspension loosen a bit before I give it any more power. I did the best I could setting the gain with my DMM to a little over 400 watts and it sounds nice. I will go back maybe in about 2 weeks or so and raise it a bit more until I get to the rated 900 watts Hifoncs claims, given it doesn't sound horrible and I have to back down the gain.

I will tell you though that it's begging for more power. I know it has more potential in it. Should probably gotten a dual 2 coil config. to have more power to play with.

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

Nice build so far, looks like it's pounding really hard with that 18'

Well maybe it's just me but I do feel that It's definitely louder than any setup I've had before.

I wish someone would throw some real power (not saying you're not) at one of these. I'd like to see how it handled about 1.5k on a single sub. It's rated at 400 rms like the rest of the line, but has a 3" coil, it also claims 28mm of xmax, not sure if that's one way or not, but i really want to see one of these take a beating.

we may be throwing 1500 to one here soon..well the 12's.. its 4 12's on an m3a right now at 1ohm..but theres a second one on tap if we deem it needed :)

I'm sure the subs can take a beating. I'd like to see how they do with the power you'll be giving them!

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

Sorry for the double post, but @iKidwell, this video is a bit more meh but there is a bit of sub excursion towards the end of the video.

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

7j2.png

Hey I'm not knocking your setup at all, so don't take it like that, but have you tried sub facing rear? I've had a couple setups in my trunk and it always sounded best facing rear. I had 2 JL 10w1s and facing forward sounded like ass, but flip 'em 180° and it was like night and day.

I do have to say sub up/port rear isn't too shabby either.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Hey I'm not knocking your setup at all, so don't take it like that, but have you tried sub facing rear? I've had a couple setups in my trunk and it always sounded best facing rear. I had 2 JL 10w1s and facing forward sounded like ass, but flip 'em 180° and it was like night and day.

I do have to say sub up/port rear isn't too shabby either.

Not taken in a negative way at all, I have not attempted facing this to the rear. I have no doubt that it will get louder, all my previous setups were much smaller boxes and were so much easier to face backwards and was louder that way. But just in my opinion, I'd sacrifice that extra loudness to reduce the trunk rattles and whatnot that vibrated back every time. Also, this does not sound like ass facing forward so I am satisfied with it. It get loud and sounds good. I will also not deaden this trunk or spend too much time reducing rattles as I don't see myself having this car past mid year.

Didn't do sub up, port rear for similar reasons and the fact that... that type of box at least doesn't have the option of facing front or rear.

But you know, for your pleasure and mine of course (as I'm curious) if I have the time this weekend and the weather is nice I'll disassemble the box and face it to the rear. So stay tuned :popcorn:

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

7j2.png

Yeah that video showed a little more, still looks like its barely moving, and i'm not sure if that's your camera or what, but i wanna see that thing "excurt" in the wise words of dr subwoofer.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Yeah that video showed a little more, still looks like its barely moving, and i'm not sure if that's your camera or what, but i wanna see that thing "excurt" in the wise words of dr subwoofer.

Yeah the camera waters it down a bit, there is a bit more excursion. The problem is how low lit the area is and the fact that I'm using an iPod touch to record the videos which is the best device I have at the moment for capturing video. I need to find something better to record my videos with.

In the mean time i'll play around with angles/lighting/something or other and try to get some nicer footage!

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

7j2.png

Archived