Running active and passive

BassMunky

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you guys run and why?

• active
    • passive

I was going to run passive but I'm going to go active since I got a price match from Sonic Elect. on a RF 3Sixty.3 for $378.so I'll just have to spend the time and figure out how to use it. lol

I was going to run passive but I'm going to go active since I got a price match from Sonic Elect. on a RF 3Sixty.3 for $378.so I'll just have to spend the time and figure out how to use it. lol

HOLY SHIT, I didn't know you could get them for that low, I would swap my kicker eq30 and kx3 in a heartbeat if I could come up with that money, damn man, I thought they were like $600, you will be so much happier going active :P

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

HOLY SHIT, I didn't know you could get them for that low, I would swap my kicker eq30 and kx3 in a heartbeat if I could come up with that money, damn man, I thought they were like $600, you will be so much happier going active :P

They're $549 on Sonic but I found it online somewhere for $378 and $428 and they did a price match on both so I went with the low one obviously. I'll check where I found it and pm you the link

They're $549 on Sonic but I found it online somewhere for $378 and $428 and they did a price match on both so I went with the low one obviously. I'll check where I found it and pm you the link

I dont even see them for sale on sonic, hmmm

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_m13_i55_rockford-fosgate-other-sound-processors.html http://beachaudio.store.buy.com/p/rockford-fosgate-3sixty-3-car-equalizer-8-channel-parametric-31-band/223341647.html

http://www.sonicelec.../223341647.html

http://beachaudio.store.buy.com/p/rockford-fosgate-3sixty-3-car-equalizer-8-channel-parametric-31-band/223341647.html

http://beachaudio.st.../223341647.html

man I would jump on that if I had the money

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

maybe try selling off some stuff and save up for it,looks like beach audio has quite a few in stock even if they don't I saw them for $400 as well. just google RF 360.3 then compare with google shopping and they're actually through buy.com. I've used my credit cards to get some of my stuff so I'll end up paying more in the end but I'll have everything I need to get install done like I want it.

Active ALC 20 all day. I have run both, for SQ I spend the extra and run active. For loud I am cool with a good quality passive.

What do you mean about ALC 20? the ambiographic control?

ALC 20 was made by Altec Lansing (old school). I always thought it was one of the coolest active crossovers.

Yeah. i'm running them now :drink40:

IMG_0245_zps46b6fc46.jpg

Nissan Frontier

10" Cadence Midbass

8" Cadnece Midrange

Bullet tweets

2 Re audio Sxx 15 Subs

Mechman 270a

2 Re XT4000deV3 mono 1600 rms

1 Re XT400deV3 Bridged 350x2

2 Cadence 175.4 Bridged 350x2

Audiomaxx and Stinger 0,4,8,12 awg wires

Dynamat sound deadeners

My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...__+1999 +nissan

maybe try selling off some stuff and save up for it,looks like beach audio has quite a few in stock even if they don't I saw them for $400 as well. just google RF 360.3 then compare with google shopping and they're actually through buy.com. I've used my credit cards to get some of my stuff so I'll end up paying more in the end but I'll have everything I need to get install done like I want it.

I've already played the credit card game, paying on stuff now :/ I already have a really nice eq and crossover, but hte 360.3 is like the end all to eq's and crossovers, I will eventually, if I can sell these 2 cvx 15's ill be ordering one :P

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

Archived