Jump to content

Can You Wire Full-range Speakers In Series


KAPONE.SS

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well i was just wondering if any body could help me with this. I have a full-range jbl amp and I can get more out of it at 2ohm.

So I was wondering if I can wire (2) 4ohm full range speaker in series to get 2ohm without f#$%# anything up and it still sounding good.

96 IMPALA SS

Pioneer DEH-P8600MP H/U

Pioneer TS-C160R 6.5"

Pioneer TS-D690R 6x9"

JBL GTO755.6II

Stinger spdh-10 cap

100sqft. Fatmat

AQ 3500d

18" FI BTL 7cuft 35Hz

Posted
Well i was just wondering if any body could help me with this. I have a full-range jbl amp and I can get more out of it at 2ohm.

So I was wondering if I can wire (2) 4ohm full range speaker in series to get 2ohm without f#$%# anything up and it still sounding good.

series will give you an 8 ohm load parrallel would be 2. yes you can. amp will run a little hotter wich could damper top end sq but i dont feel it would hurt you for daily driving :)

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

Posted

You guys would be right. so it is possible to wire speakers in parellel. sorry it is alittle early for me but thanks for your help

96 IMPALA SS

Pioneer DEH-P8600MP H/U

Pioneer TS-C160R 6.5"

Pioneer TS-D690R 6x9"

JBL GTO755.6II

Stinger spdh-10 cap

100sqft. Fatmat

AQ 3500d

18" FI BTL 7cuft 35Hz

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1141 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...