ok to run 4ga. wire?

i have (2) runs of 1/0 to the back to three batteries and then to dist. block / bus bars.. i want to run 4ga. wire to each amp. off the buss bars to 4 amps one pos. and one neg.total of 8 wires (kicker brand) the amps are (2) zxs1500.1 and (2) zxs1000.1, the total length of each wire will be under 3ft.do you think this will have a bottle neck effect...each amp has an estimated 80 amp draw per amp.so you are talking 80 amps through 4g. wire for 3ft.do you think this is ok?

on a similar note , but not answering your question. no matter how big of power wire you run, wouldnt the terminals at the end of the wire be the bottleneck?or even the the fuses?

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

no i dont believe the terminals at the end of my wire have the "bottle neck effect" as i use the crimp and solder method and ensure full contact of the ring terminal to the connecting surface area. as far as the fuses go i dont believe that is an issue either my real question is the run from the buss bars to the amp. 4 ga. of 3ft.

I think you'd be OK with such short runs.. but why not just finish it with 0 ga. ?

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

Archived