Second Skin Audio

2 sa-12's new box help?

djscrappydee

You can tune with a DMM. Inb4 people say DMM tuning isn't the best, but it does work and will suffice for now. Get a -5dB 40hz tone, set the volume on the deck/music source to 2/3-3/4 of the max volume. In my case it's two clicks from max volume on the iPhone 4 since I don't run a head unit. Then put the DMM probes into the speaker terminals on the amp. Turn the gain all the way down first, as well as bass boost.

Keep bass boost all the way down permanently. I plugged the amps power and ohm load (which I guessed was 1 ohm) and it is putting out 44.7 volts. Turn the DMM to the AC Voltage setting. Then play the test tone and watch the DMM as you slowly turn the gain up. Get as close to 44.7 as you can but don't go over it. This is a general tuning and not as accurate as say an O-Scope or DD-1, but it will suffice for now.

Edit: Or if you know the max unclipped volume of the deck, set it to that.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

if you know what you're doing, a dd-1 isn't necessary. I've never done anything but tune my shit by ear and it's always worked like it should. New box or upgrade your power would be my guess or even change up your ohm load

-playing with different setups

Raptorman I will give that a try thanks for sharing that. And to cox I have 4 gag power and ground 14 gag speaker wire

Well it's about that time to upgrade to the 0 guage. The 4 guage can't handle what your trying push through it. I'm having to do the same thing right now.

Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400

XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter

Mechman 240a alt

You can tune with a DMM. Inb4 people say DMM tuning isn't the best, but it does work and will suffice for now. Get a -5dB 40hz tone, set the volume on the deck/music source to 2/3-3/4 of the max volume. In my case it's two clicks from max volume on the iPhone 4 since I don't run a head unit. Then put the DMM probes into the speaker terminals on the amp. Turn the gain all the way down first, as well as bass boost.

Keep bass boost all the way down permanently. I plugged the amps power and ohm load (which I guessed was 1 ohm) and it is putting out 44.7 volts. Turn the DMM to the AC Voltage setting. Then play the test tone and watch the DMM as you slowly turn the gain up. Get as close to 44.7 as you can but don't go over it. This is a general tuning and not as accurate as say an O-Scope or DD-1, but it will suffice for now.

Edit: Or if you know the max unclipped volume of the deck, set it to that.

I got this dmm and it don't have a ac voltage on it what do I turn it to

(2) PSI p2 18's

Crescendo 2000

Audio Technix 0 gauge/ SHCA 0 gauge

Pioneer AVH-P2400BT

yellow top optima

big 3 .

xs batt.

Archived