Yeah my broke self can't afford a "good bike". But if I'm pedaling my ass off I should be able to coast more than 10 feet before the bike wants to stop. I had a mongoose bike a few years ago and managed to brake the frame, thought those were supposed to be of good quality. I think I found the problem. Damn back rim is tweaked a little. I checked it both with the rear wheel on and off the bike. Off the bike wasn't 100% accurate, but still worked. But yeah everything else seemed to be in working order.

lol yeah those rims do that a lot. also run your hand along where the brake pads rub on the back rim and make sure where the seam point on the rim isn't starting to come apart. it's also manifest it's self in pulsed braking or like the brakes will seem to catch on that point.

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

As others have said, check the hubs. On the rear and front axles there are several nuts. The ones i want you to look at are the ones closest too the hub itself. Usually these nuts are rounded on two sides and flat on the other. These nuts are what go up against the wheel bearings. They also have a lock nut against them. If they are too tight it will cause what you are seeing. Plus that wheel sounds really dry to me. You will want to make sure it has grease in the bearings.

Don't worry too much about that little bit of wobble, The idiot at the factory just didn't adjust the spokes quite right. That is my opinion.

edit spelling

edit #2

is that sprocket wobbling? I didn't notice that the first time. or is that just n optical illusion from the wheel wobbling?

I've checked the hubs a couple of times, didn't notice anything wrong there. Maybe I'm not doing it right lol. Been a while since I've fooled with a bike. I don't think the sprocket wobbling is an optical illusion cause if I spin the wheel slowly I still see it.

it's not an illusion. it means your rear axle is bent. also means it probably wasn't "lightly" used.

yeah ridden once or twice....by a fat kid off a jump lol

btw from that video it looks like the rear hub bearings are ok and it doesn't rub. idk how much i'd worry about the bent axle, it shouldn't effect a ton for a bike like that. and it's not too worth it to fix unless you got another axle laying round. (might make the gears skip/jump some times that's about all)

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

I think I have it all worked out now except the rear axle. Took it for a ride today after work, everything seemed to be ok unltil I came to a hill. At the end of the hill I knew I had to make a stop. Well at the end of the hill I had my first "oh shit" moment of 2013...the brakes failed. Luckily I crossed the intersection with out getting hit. Only cause there was no traffic.But thanks for the input.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the bike rolling like it's supposed too. No more wheel rub and that crap. But a new problem has come up and far as i can tell it's not a cheap one. The rear shock assembly has come apart. If I lift up the bike the rear drops away. Only thing holding it together is the cables for the brakes and gears. It's still ride-able I just have to keep the bike on the ground. Which is ok, not wanting to find out what happens if the shock completely falls apart when going down a busy road.

Archived