scooter99 Posted January 5, 2013 Report Posted January 5, 2013 Ok guys, here's what I've got. This is for my Civic build and I need this 4th order design before I can start building anything. It's the main piece in the trunk of my car, and I have to build everything else around it. This needs to be a wedge style enclosure so that I can utilize as much space in the trunk as possible. The amps I'm using are big and I have batteries and more to install, and well, it's a civic trunk. We're not dealing with Tahoe type space here. What's going in you ask? The plan for sub stage is this: 1 - DC Audio M2 D1.4 XL12 Loaded Crescendo bc3500d I've done some number crunching but I'm not sure I'm even in the ball park for this, so I need some help please if you will. I've gone with a 2:1 ratio on this and tried to stay with about 45hz tuning, per some info I got from before. So with all that in mind this is what my max dimensions are. 40" Max width 18" Max height 15" Max Top depth 22" Max Bottom depth I do have a center pass through that i'd love to utilize, but I'm not sure it's possible. if it is these are those dimensions: 11" Max Height 6" Max Width Centered on the rear seat 4" from the floor to the bottom of the opening 15" from the floor to the top of the opening Also it would be a 3" external port because there's a cavity that's 3" wide between the rear seat and where the box would sit flush to. I did some work in Torres based on the 2:1 ratio and the suggested ported specs from DC which are 1.5cu ft ported. This that I've made is a little bigger than that. Here are the pics of Torres: Sealed, .87 cu ft: Ported, 1.85, and I can go a little bit smaller to get to the 1.75 cu ft (22.5 width gives me that) So with this design, as you can see, I'm at 5" external port because I was planning it through the rear deck. If I change that, and go 22.5 wide and port through the rear seat pass through, at 3" external, I get this: NOW, all that being said, if I decided I could get 2 12's in a 4th back there, I would go with 2 DC Audio M2 Level 4's on the Crescendo bc3500d. I came up with these and I need to know if these are ok as well. According to what I understand from research, I need to take the ported cu ft, in this case it was 3.65 cu ft, and multiply that by 16 which is the square inches per cu ft needed. Gave me 58.4 port area. Sealed (gives me .75 per sub): Ported through rear seat: this is about the same port area as I noted above but brings my final cu ft way down below 3 cu ft. I need a minimum of 3 cu ft I think. Maybe I'm wrong, and it's the amount you need before the port, I'm not sure. 2 6" aero ports through rear seat: 1 8" aero port through the rear seat: 2 6" aero ports through the rear deck: 1 8" aero port through the rear deck: So I know that's a lot of information, but I need to know. I would rather get the info from my SMD family, than pay for it, but I'm happy to pay for it as well. I'm also happy to pay for anyone designing it. My thoughts for a single or double sub 4th was sealed to the side, or sides, and port in the middle. Inverted port side on the subs. ANY QUESTIONS, please ask, I'm happy to give any more info you need. I'm ready to build folks, I just need to know what I'm building! Thanks guys! BTW, my build log is in my signature if you need to see anything or you just want to come join us. Thanks! Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.