2007 Volvo S40: LOOK WHAT I GOT!!! Deal of the century!

Do you have USB on your car? My 2004.5 T5 does not and its a real pain.

Worthwhile to upgrade the OEM factory speakers? (hiperf)

Okay heres the thing about that. Ive never heard a stock sound system (thats not name brand) that sounds better than the high performance ones in Volvo's. If your looking for a whole system upgrade (Midbass coming from doors) then switch out the doors for something better for midrange.... But if your looking for better low bass from door speakers, stick with these. They're awesome. And no i didnt even know they came with USB! Bastards!!! Should have done more research on the car and i would have had a T5 AWD instead of a 2.4i FWD -___-

But these Volvo's get loud as hell. Theres ALOT of potential for a big SPL and even a SQ install. Unlimited possibilities!! But walling off this car would be tough. Your seat sits right in the middle of the B-pillar..... Which sucks

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

Okay heres the thing about that. Ive never heard a stock sound system (thats not name brand) that sounds better than the high performance ones in Volvo's. If your looking for a whole system upgrade (Midbass coming from doors) then switch out the doors for something better for midrange.... But if your looking for better low bass from door speakers, stick with these. They're awesome. And no i didnt even know they came with USB! Bastards!!! Should have done more research on the car and i would have had a T5 AWD instead of a 2.4i FWD -___-

But these Volvo's get loud as hell. Theres ALOT of potential for a big SPL and even a SQ install. Unlimited possibilities!! But walling off this car would be tough. Your seat sits right in the middle of the B-pillar..... Which sucks

annnnd that why I love my V50 wagon ;P

Will probably do the mid bass in the doors and run a nice musical woofer at the back.

Keeping an eye on this thread

annnnd that why I love my V50 wagon ;P

Will probably do the mid bass in the doors and run a nice musical woofer at the back.

Keeping an eye on this thread

BIG things to come this summer. Some more little things from now-spring. More door speakers...New batts. Possible the new Sundown X's? (: lookin to hit around a 145 on LOWS like below 32. on around 2.5k

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

UPDATES!!!!

Alright so its 99% final of what im doing on my amp rack in the trunk. Keeping it simple. I will attach on the back of a NEW box im building and it will have custom places to hold the amps. (Punch 75 25 to life and R1000-1D) FOR NOW! Im thinkin about showin off the guts but i dont think i am. Anyways the amps will have a plexiglass windown over each of them with red LED's to match my interior. So it'll be a carpet frame stretching across trunk to match factory carpet, octogon shape trim, and plexiglass windown over amps. Should look simple and nice. Then ill do the same thing when i get my batteries or new amps. Batteries will be on the side(s) of the trunk with red LED's also. Should look nice Then inside i will seal the box off from trunk. Box will be about 2.2 cu ft at 31 hz with LOTS of port area. And im working on a custom trim piece for that inside the car too

AND soon enough ill be putting a SMD volt meter inside on the A-Pillars custom made. And some switches for my amps / lights (:

I think 15's might work better in your application. 12's get low, but 15's get hella low.

Well for right now im keeping the PSI that i have. Im tryin to get the car finished before carl casper auto show in febuary idk if i can do it though. 15s wont fit unless i take out everything from the trunk and i aint about to do all that. I play county music alot though and i like the 12 sound better than the 15

Looks good, car looks good as well.

Vehicle: 1999 Chevy Suburban AKA The Bammin' Beast

Battery: 25 XS Power XP1000's

Sub Amp: 3 DC 9k's

Sub Stage: 18 DC Lvl 4 M2 12's in a Nasty 4th Order

Subscribe now! Prizes will be given away for every 1000 subscribers!

Thanks ya. I try hard. Wash ittwice a week considering i have my rims on. Damn salt...

Thanks ya. I try hard. Wash ittwice a week considering i have my rims on. Damn salt...

My suburban in the paint booth getting ready.

So no salt on that :)

Yes salt sucks.

Stupid Michigan roads are horrible here too.

I want to see vids though so hurry up lol

Vehicle: 1999 Chevy Suburban AKA The Bammin' Beast

Battery: 25 XS Power XP1000's

Sub Amp: 3 DC 9k's

Sub Stage: 18 DC Lvl 4 M2 12's in a Nasty 4th Order

Subscribe now! Prizes will be given away for every 1000 subscribers!

Archived