how do i choose a graphics card?

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

The issue with both of those cards is the memory bus width is only 128 bit, which slows it down a lot.

For less you can get an older card that will play source based games just fine, along with most, if not all of the newer games at 35-60 fps at a decent resolution.

Nvidia wise:

The 285 is actually 512 bit memory bus, and will keep up with most of the cards at 1920x1080, any higher and it starts to show its age.

The 470 is a good choice, as you can get one for around 140ish on ebay and the only game I saw a little lag on so far was Borderlands 2, but I had PhysX enabled.

All in all its up to you. People are going to tell you you NEED DX11, but in reality, its not really noticable if you get something like the 285.

Heres one for 85.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BFG-Technologies-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-285-BFGRGTX2851024OCE-1-GB-GDDR3-SDRAM-/330854969338?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item4d087e2ffa

7770 is a nice bang-for-the-buck card. Solid performance for the price. Garry's Mod and other Source games aren't too demanding and a 7770 will play them maxed out with no issues.

The 285 is a good card and getting it for $85 is a solid deal. It is pretty much on-par with the 7770 for DX10 games. Personally I'd be kinda iffy about getting a 4-year old used card with no option for a warranty but it's not my money.

With Windows 8 bringing DirectX 11.1 and the next generation of consoles purported to run on DirectX 11 graphics hardware we're only a year or so away from seeing AAA titles requiring DX11 graphics cards. The main reason DX9 and DX10 have lingered so long is that we have developers making games for 7-year-old consoles that run on DX9. I'd love to see more games take advantage of tesselation and ambient occlusion as it adds tons of detail and realism to games that implement it.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

I was going to say if you were going for a big card check if it will physically fit inside a case. But if it's only for light use there really aren't that many considerations.

(Old Car) 1995 Volkswagon Golf MK3 2.0L:

Fi SP4 18 On A DC Audio 3.5K In A PWK Box

Hertz DSK 6" Speakers, Clarion HU

3x Fullriver 120aH AGM's, 225A Alt

2012 Subaru BRZ:

Audison Prima APK 163

Bit One, Rockford Amps, Audison Sub

• 1 month later...

what about this card? i may be able to buy it off my friend if he upgrades http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-8800-gt

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Archived