MrBigs63' Posted January 10, 2013 Report Posted January 10, 2013 Okay guys, I have not been into audio that long and have never used more than two speakers on a 2 channel amp. I just bought a Rockford Punch 400-2 and I need to run four speakers off of it. Do I just wire the main speaker wires going to the crossovers in parallel such as I would do with a sub to get a two ohm load? Second, my dad has a 2000 Ford F-350 and I am installing a system for him. The truck has four factory 6x8 speaker locations. I already bought a set of Rockford T2 Powers 6-1/2s for the front. Would it be worth it to get another identical set for the back, or should I just get some of the T1 Power 6.75s? They are half the price, same rms power rating. By the way, money isnt that big of a problem, but nobody ever rides in the back, and I didn't know if it would really make that much of a difference.
jhmeg2 Posted January 11, 2013 Report Posted January 11, 2013 what?... I dont really understand the question, can you elaborate please ////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic
Sonic Posted January 11, 2013 Report Posted January 11, 2013 Okay guys, I have not been into audio that long and have never used more than two speakers on a 2 channel amp. I just bought a Rockford Punch 400-2 and I need to run four speakers off of it. Do I just wire the main speaker wires going to the crossovers in parallel such as I would do with a sub to get a two ohm load? Second, my dad has a 2000 Ford F-350 and I am installing a system for him. The truck has four factory 6x8 speaker locations. I already bought a set of Rockford T2 Powers 6-1/2s for the front. Would it be worth it to get another identical set for the back, or should I just get some of the T1 Power 6.75s? They are half the price, same rms power rating. By the way, money isnt that big of a problem, but nobody ever rides in the back, and I didn't know if it would really make that much of a difference. Question 1 - yes Question 2 - Yes, T2 in front and T1 Power 6.75s in the back
jhmeg2 Posted January 11, 2013 Report Posted January 11, 2013 ok wait, are they components.... if yes, amp to crossover, crossover will have a spot for a tweeter and a woofer. ////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic
MrBigs63' Posted January 12, 2013 Author Report Posted January 12, 2013 Yeah, they are components. Thanks for the advice guys.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.