Second Skin Audio

What would have caused my subs to clip?!

Twostrokeking

its an underseat box right/ Is your port about seven miles long. smaller box lower tuning means you need a longer port. you may not be as low tuned as you think.

tinsels broke = over driven.

I dont think a 1000bd has a subsonic on it. is it the old foreman grill looking ones.

I believe he does have the old school Bd1000 yeah N8. I know mine(newer black box style)has a SSF switch and think its a generic set to like 28Hz. I think the amp wasn't DD1d properly for the type of music you play OP. I agree that the wrong track was probably used. WAS the HU put on the DD1 first to figure out where it clipped? Did you EVER play the HU higher than where you knew it clipped, and I'm talking about even ONE volume notch?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

its an underseat box right/ Is your port about seven miles long. smaller box lower tuning means you need a longer port. you may not be as low tuned as you think.

I dont think a 1000bd has a subsonic on it. is it the old foreman grill looking ones.

It is an underseat box. How can i check tuning? And the amp is the new style fosgate

I believe he does have the old school Bd1000 yeah N8. I know mine(newer black box style)has a SSF switch and think its a generic set to like 28Hz. I think the amp wasn't DD1d properly for the type of music you play OP. I agree that the wrong track was probably used. WAS the HU put on the DD1 first to figure out where it clipped? Did you EVER play the HU higher than where you knew it clipped, and I'm talking about even ONE volume notch?

According to the hu the deck doesnt clip until 35/35 . Probably wrong track :/

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

• 5 months later...

Bro i remember your build i read every page. I remember you were having some issues with a rattling sound at certain frequencies. The above statements about the gains being too high for what you play are right. Where are you located? maby me or one of the other members with a dd1 can swing by when your ready to set it up again.

I just wish i had a funny sig.

Thanks guys. The subs are re coned and the gain has been turned down. They are slamming like usual :) all is good.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Archived