Sundown Audio

2013 Hifonics BRZ Line

iwannabeloud

kicker amps are actually quite good. yeah ill agree that the prices are a little outrageous, but they are reliable and do more than rated.

it's funny you say that, I guarantee you that more than 50% of people on this site that run competition name brands have never clamped rated power out of their amps, unless their wired at .5 or below or have an insane electrical with literally no voltage drop, if you have to wire at .5 or below to get rated power out of your DC, AQ, Crescendo, Sundown amp, I don't really consider that rated power since they are rated at 1 ohm, not .5. I really don't understand all the huss and fuss about this company, can you afford DC, Sundown, AQ, etc? good for you, you run hifonics because you can't afford to run competition level equipment? then good for you also, it's kinda sad to see a bunch of grown ass men trash talking a company for actually being successful or bashing other peoples installs simply because they run name brand equipment.

now now, you have to take into account impedance rise. wiring to .5 helps eliminate (most) of that.

ok then, all these people saying they don't do rated or do close to rated have wired them to 1 ohm correct? since they know it's a budget amp they don't wanna risk wiring them to .5 or lower, soooo what are we getting at here? I honestly don't know where to take the rest of this conversation haha. Not sure how to get my point across without coming off as an ass.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

kicker amps are actually quite good. yeah ill agree that the prices are a little outrageous, but they are reliable and do more than rated.

it's funny you say that, I guarantee you that more than 50% of people on this site that run competition name brands have never clamped rated power out of their amps, unless their wired at .5 or below or have an insane electrical with literally no voltage drop, if you have to wire at .5 or below to get rated power out of your DC, AQ, Crescendo, Sundown amp, I don't really consider that rated power since they are rated at 1 ohm, not .5. I really don't understand all the huss and fuss about this company, can you afford DC, Sundown, AQ, etc? good for you, you run hifonics because you can't afford to run competition level equipment? then good for you also, it's kinda sad to see a bunch of grown ass men trash talking a company for actually being successful or bashing other peoples installs simply because they run name brand equipment.

now now, you have to take into account impedance rise. wiring to .5 helps eliminate (most) of that.

ok then, all these people saying they don't do rated or do close to rated have wired them to 1 ohm correct? since they know it's a budget amp they don't wanna risk wiring them to .5 or lower, soooo what are we getting at here? I honestly don't know where to take the rest of this conversation haha. Not sure how to get my point across without coming off as an ass.

in order to accurately figure out the power output of an amp, you have to have a non-reactive load. so every speaker ever made is out of the question. hifonics has said themselves (like in this thread, for example) that some of their amps dont even do rated, so no tests are needed to be done LOL

CEA compliant rated to 14.4 volts.. in the real world we have voltage drop to 12 volts.. what will it put out then?

DC, sundown, AQ, fosgate and many others do rated at 12 volts. if you have good electrical you can even get more out of your equipment

any of the amps will do rated if it stays at 1 ohm..

if you ever seen clamp test from dc and sundown they do well over rated at 1.02 ohms at 12 volts..

and im not talking shit about hifonics just stating facts of how it really isnt a budget amp

yeah but what are they wired at? .5 or below, why rate an amp at 1 ohm that only does rated power when wired below 1 ohm?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

That vvme sub you like is inferior to this

And your Dissing it cause it sucks lol

And they don't put this brands on the store cause their not mainstream and even if they were they would put the lower class in their stores cause people like you would still buy it

And you can't say you won't cause you already did with that vvme sub

I was about to buy a DD 18" for $200 in box on CL before I got the VVME. I would never buy kicker or whatever best buy subs unless it was cheap.

Said it before, I bought the VVME sub because there was a thread and people were curious about it.

As it's been said before: amps are different than subs. This VVME is actually a decent sub for the price. It's $60. It's not powering anything or claiming it can take 1500w rms. (it's rated for 700 and I'm giving it more than that)

So please drop the VVME hate. It's not needed. It's simply a "community" sub and other people are running them with good results as well.

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

The brands you mention are underground companies that are based on the competing community

They (I think) are a mainstream brand targeting different people

Like I said before I don't want to get in a feud with you

Cause I'm sure you'll wim

LOL i just like arguing. i wouldn't go as far as saying that underground companies are intended for the competitors market, but i'd be more inclined to say that they are designed and built to take daily abuse for long periods of time through a no-bullshit mindset. no-bullshit meaning that there aren't any stupid large magnet covers that make the motor seem larger than it is, or dumb terminology like "diaming encrusted spiders" to lure ignorant customers in. i dont know how to put it in words exactly...

in my opinion, i think that some mainstream companies like to prey on the ignorant customer by giving false ratings and whatnot. having their products sold in store displays that see upwards of 10k people a day, helps them generate massive amounts of income as well.

Me too but not on the net and on the end a beer and laugh it out

Unfortunately that's how the world became wanting everything cheap cheap on top

Of cheap

That's why the underground world exist where all the good stuff is at

yeah but what are they wired at? .5 or below, why rate an amp at 1 ohm that only does rated power when wired below 1 ohm?

then why rate any amplifier at any ohm load? your statement is invalid man.

But the basshead community is really small and hifonics is not just a basshead company like the brands you mention

That may be true, but one thing to note is that potential bass heads will be mislead into thinking hifonics is worth buying.

By not selling DC or DD or sundown at best buy or frys, consumers and possible bass heads are simply being sold crap because they don't know what else is out there

If you define a bass head by using the typical enthusiast brands, then my point above is even more validated.

I'm sure a lot of people who buy hifonics because it's in the store are only buying it because that's what they think is the best they can get. It's "in the store and I can get a warranty on it, why don't they sell that "DC or sundown whatever in the store?????"

That vvme sub you like is inferior to this

And your Dissing it cause it sucks lol

And they don't put this brands on the store cause their not mainstream and even if they were they would put the lower class in their stores cause people like you would still buy it

And you can't say you won't cause you already did with that vvme sub

I was about to buy a DD 18" for $200 in box on CL before I got the VVME. I would never buy kicker or whatever best buy subs unless it was cheap.

Said it before, I bought the VVME sub because there was a thread and people were curious about it.

As it's been said before: amps are different than subs. This VVME is actually a decent sub for the price. It's $60. It's not powering anything or claiming it can take 1500w rms. (it's rated for 700 and I'm giving it more than that)

So please drop the VVME hate. It's not needed. It's simply a "community" sub and other people are running them with good results as well.

Other people are running hifonics with good results as well so stop hating

in order to accurately figure out the power output of an amp, you have to have a non-reactive load. so every speaker ever made is out of the question. hifonics has said themselves (like in this thread, for example) that some of their amps dont even do rated, so no tests are needed to be done LOL

/thread

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Other people are running hifonics with good results as well so stop hating

Ok but the difference is hifonics already has an established reputation and the VVME's didn't/don't.

then why rate any amplifier at any ohm load? your statement is invalid man.

not trying to stir up argument, i'm sure you will find a way to make me sound like a complete dumbass if I say something out of line haha, i'm a young kid and you probably know much more technical terms when it comes to amplification and such than i do but if my statement is invalid then how are anybody elses statements regarding amps not doing rated power valid? I just don't understand why rate an amp at 1 ohm when you truly know it will only do rated power when wired below 1 ohm nominal? then when someone blows an amp trying to get rated power by wiring below 1 ohm their warranty is now void.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived